Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
In the cold light of day, they could have scored twice after Rice went off, they did not and came away with one point.

It just seems like they are getting their excuses in early for blowing the title already.....

They need to grow some, Arteta is thoroughly dislikeable moaning all the time in the fourth official's ear all the time.

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
Just watched the extended highlights and wanted to credit Minteh as haven’t seen him mentioned.

Fantastic run (equally fantastic pass by Dunky) and whilst he’ll be disappointed he didn’t score himself, he did very well to get a shot away.

Held off last years team of the season CB Gabriel with ease and clever use of his body where many other players would have been muscled off the ball

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In the cold light of day, they could have scored twice after Rice went off, they did not and came away with one point.

It just seems like they are getting their excuses in early for blowing the title already.....

They need to grow some, Arteta is thoroughly dislikeable moaning all the time in the fourth official's ear all the time.
Arteta really is a complete ARSE.

His massively over the top histrionics - running about, waving double jazz-hands, at EVERY perceived injustice is just embarrassing.

And he does it RELENTLESSLY - which means you end up with 'the little boy who cried wolf' syndrome. Times when his team HAVE been wronged, everyone just laughs off his complaints, because they've watched him react in the same way each time a throw in goes the wrong way.

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Arteta really is a complete ARSE.

His massively over the top histrionics - running about, waving double jazz-hands, at EVERY perceived injustice is just embarrassing.

And he does it RELENTLESSLY - which means you end up with 'the little boy who cried wolf' syndrome. Times when his team HAVE been wronged, everyone just laughs off his complaints, because they've watched him react in the same way each time a throw in goes the wrong way.
It's Pochettino at Spurs isn't it?

An objectively good manager who has really moved the club a step forward on the pitch but has a serious temperament issue that has started to show through his players. Ultimately, it's stopping Arsenal from really going a step further and mounting more than just an underdogs challenge for the title.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It was a really enjoyable game, very exciting for the neutral I'd have thought. I am delighted with the point and I believe this was our best performance of the season. Again after the to be expected torrid opening quarter of the game we grew in confidence and coped well with Arsenal's attacks and began to move forward ourselves. The Arsenal goal was a disappointing one to concede as it should have been defended better, these balls over the top are definitely something we need to strategise for as it is the biggest weak point for us in defence.

After the sending off I thought we responded very well. We immediately looked to get on the front foot and take advantage. Arteta decided to shut up shop and just hope for the odd quick break which even though he would not say in this public actually showed us a lot of respect. Our equaliser came from a moment of real quality, Dunk redeeming himself with a peach of a pass, great run by Minteh and Pedro displaying the finest of striking instincts by pouncing on the rebound.

Having got the equaliser, we continued to press on for the winner, created the Ayari chance and a couple of others, but Arsenal possess one of, if not, the best defences in the league so breaking them down was always going to be tough. Bart came up with a match saving save and despite this scare we still continued to press forward, I am loving this positive attitude that Hurzeler has instilled in this squad.

After two 6/10 performances I'm giving this a solid 7/10 with considerable scope for improvement. I think we have reset the floor with this team and I believe we can also look to raise the ceiling with it once the squad changes have bedded in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here