Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Come on. Declan Rice was not wasting time. Arsenal were well on top and would have been wanting to score more.
The big 6 win games against strong opponents by getting the better of the vast majority of 50/50 calls.
Stopping an opponent gain any momentum is a big part of that.

Rice expected to get away with an action, that a Brighton player wouldn't have.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I wouldn't say he was spot on. He said Veltman wasn't trying to take a quick free-kick, he just kicked Rice. There is no way he was trying to kick Rice. He was either a) trying a quick free-kick down the line or b) trying to take a quick free kick to then moan at Rice for not getting out of the way of the ball.
He was trying to get Rice booked (and then sent off obviously). Rice kicking the ball away did the job.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Rice inflated the incident by going down like he was shot after Joel brushed his shin against Rices’ shin. It looked like a hack at first and the crowd were incensed when Rice crumpled to the ground yellng and screaming. Unsporting behaviour. Guilty as charged!

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Crazy. Hopefully spurs and city beat them in the next two then their season is already over,

Attachments

• IMG_7476.jpeg
    IMG_7476.jpeg
    338.2 KB · Views: 73

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
As hurzeler pointed out whilst Martin known was being an absolute nob head

We can feel hard done by due to the time wasting and cheating by Arsenal from 70 minutes . F the sending off !

Take the point . We were losing that game before the rice incident

The breaks come at a good time

Regroup , refresh and then back the start up v Ipswich

As for Arsenal , crap entitled fans . Horrible team full of cry babies led by a manager that has a permanent chip on his shoulder . Comical club

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Away from Rice incident why was Pedro upset and waving his arms about in last 10mins

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He was trying to get Rice booked (and then sent off obviously). Rice kicking the ball away did the job.

So you're saying it was option b) then. Because you don't get people sent off by kicking them.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Can’t stand him. I like his Lego Pep nickname though.

I hadn't heard that nickname. Mrs T calls him Lego man (eidt, I've been corrected - she calls him a Playmobil). I'll make sure she's updated.

Last edited:

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
Game being re-run on TNT 0930 your time.
Edit. My mistake 1030 your time so after MOTD

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I hadn't heard that nickname. Mrs T calls him Lego man. I'll make sure she's updated.
Captain Black in our household, from Captain Scarlet & The Mysterons

borat

Jul 16, 2003
Without a Gilmour and Riley slightly concerned about our creativity and ball retention in midfield. We have plenty of hard working central midfielders but lack that player to knit everything together and offer more creative passes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here