Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I had a look on Twitter earlier and the ref of getting absolute pelters. Claims of corruption, threats on his life, accusations of being an Albion fan and all sorts!

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
On reflection what I find funny is Rice was trying to shithouse Joel and came up short against the master. Arsenal were trying to get our players booked all game, as per usual and didn’t like it when it rebounded big time.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
If you watch the ball closely before Ayari has the shot it’s spinning like crazy making it difficult to control without taking a touch. He had to strike it unfortunately it was the wrong side.
He said in an interview afterwards that he thought the keeper had got up quicker and was moving to the near post (or first post as he put it) - but watching it back realised he was still getting up. ie: he did do what was the right thing - put it to the side the keeper is moving away from, it's just he hadn't moved as far as he thought.
Away from Rice incident why was Pedro upset and waving his arms about in last 10mins
I think he was getting annoyed at the lack of service to him.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I had a look on Twitter earlier and the ref of getting absolute pelters. Claims of corruption, threats on his life, accusations of being an Albion fan and all sorts!
Surprising. Thought it would only be praise and constructive critisism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I hadn't heard that nickname. Mrs T calls him Lego man (eidt, I've been corrected - she calls him a Playmobil). I'll make sure she's updated.
1725183659978.png

David Squires in the Guardian has been doing Arteta as Lego man for years :lolol:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Yes I have, quite literally killed it by consuming it at a rate of knots. Have you ever raped one? Thank you for helping put context to the difference between the use of two words.
I've raped a sock when I were a lad , never murdered one.
[/QUOTE]
My wank sock was green.
Well it was after a while.
Like a small concrete green lintel.

Algernon

Sep 9, 2012
Newmarket.
He said in an interview afterwards that he thought the keeper had got up quicker and was moving to the near post (or first post as he put it) - but watching it back realised he was still getting up. ie: he did do what was the right thing - put it to the side the keeper is moving away from, it's just he hadn't moved as far as he thought.

I think he was getting annoyed at the lack of service to him.
Nice bit of arse-covering nonsense. He just wanged it hopefully goalwards.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
One idjut has even scrutinised every Brighton tackle and possible handballs to sqweem about how hard done by they were

When an arsenal player did a scorpion kick to knock it over his own goal line, they were given a goal kick. Does he think they should have had a penalty?

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
time to start a campaign to get arteta banned from the touchline. In the first minute Mitoma dribbled on along the line and it never went out. Arteta and Odegaard were on at the ref. I don’t blame Pedro for ignoring g them and waiting for a decision. Interest to note that arteta is outside his technical area getting close to Brighton players in both of these shots. That is two bookings so a red. THE REFS ARE A DISGRACE.

Attachments

• IMG_2701.jpeg
    IMG_2701.jpeg
    120.7 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_2702.jpeg
    IMG_2702.jpeg
    130.7 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_2693.jpeg
    IMG_2693.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 59

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
I’m totally bored with Arsenal fans whinging about all of their rotten luck. They’re a great team with excellent players but boy are they easy to dislike.
Weird. I feel like I don't mind hearing it for another ten-twenty years.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I’m totally bored with Arsenal fans whinging about all of their rotten luck. They’re a great team with excellent players but boy are they easy to dislike.
yep.

I made the mistake of engaging with some of them on Twitter.
Jesus, they are an entitled bunch of twats.

Less than 1% of them are prepeared to blame Rice for the red card.
The rest are obsessed with whether the ball was moving or not and claiming corruption.

Old-timer refs like Hackett and Halsey aiding and abetting them, by posting their opinions on the decision, as if they are factual statements on the laws of the game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here