Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yep. Caicedo, Bissouma and Mwepue look great together. Mobility, strength and a bit of pace!

I’d also add we’ve got a proper PL strikeforce today too. Excellent, intelligent performances from Welbeck and Trossard.

Great team effort so far.

Those 3, brilliant. A centre-midfield we’ve hoped for, for ages.

I just hope Arsenal don’t get Biss sent off, Arteta and his leading actor Martinelli will target him. CL riches at stake here.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
They are going to come for us second half, they have to.

Gross looks knackered already, I’d put lamptey on ahead of the computer to give us the pace down the right, Xhaka’s positioning is shocking and needs pace to exploit

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I appear to be watching an Indonesian version of Arsenal TV :lol:

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Hands up who thought Trossard’s shot would be ballooned over the top?

hands up who likes me.jpg

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
They’re going to come at us second half. Just need to keep it tight for the first 15…and the proceeding 30 minutes after that.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Absolutely dire half of football but leading 1-0... cant complain about that.

Not a massive fan of this direct "hoof it to whoever is duelling Welbeck" strategy and not sure its going to be the way to see the game out, bit more control would be nice if possible.

Welbeck looks fit and up for this, what’s not to like?

He is also giving us options and worrying the Arsenal defence

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn

Gross looks knackered already, I’d put lamptey on ahead of the computer to give us the pace down the right, Xhaka’s positioning is shocking and needs pace to exploit

I agree Looks well off the pace and a very lazy tackle for the yellow card

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Absolutely dire half of football but leading 1-0... cant complain about that.

Not a massive fan of this direct "hoof it to whoever is duelling Welbeck" strategy and not sure its going to be the way to see the game out, bit more control would be nice if possible.

Sorry swanny, you must be watching a different game than me...or having too many anchovies. Admittedly, arse are poor as a home side, but we certainly haven't played 'hoof' ball

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not me, he has been quality all game

Great finish. A few flashes of what he can do last week against Norwich than we've seen for a while I thought.... having a good game for Belgium seems to have given him a lift. One of those rare occasions when an international break can be useful.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland

Same.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Poor first 25 minutes however once we scored we grew into the game as the belief was draining from Arsenal then they scored oh no they didn’t 1-0 HT looks good.

Our goal was interesting in that for all our tippy tapping football it takes a huge whack from Dunk and Mwepp taking a chance to run into space then looking up to find Trossard who took his goal brilliantly, just two passes I really think all our problems relate to the time we take in transition

andys320

Jan 10, 2014
Good to see Mwepu playing for us again. I like him and think he'll prove to be a very good signing

Welbeck also looking good, thought he was sharp against Norwich too.

COYS

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am not getting carried away but I am keeping the faith, we have been really up for this so far and we do have quality on the bench

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Sorry swanny, you must be watching a different game than me...or having too many anchovies. Admittedly, arse are poor as a home side, but we certainly haven't played 'hoof' ball

We’ve also scored and are winning. We might look prettier playing key ball but we are always more effective when we play with more variety.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here