Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal v Swansea - Tonights game

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Might just be me but it looks like none of the players are all that bothered about winning this game. It feels like I'm watching a game at 25% normal speed.
Just me?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
My wife says they are all a bit cold so give them time. She now says they should actually pull their finger out and if they were rugby players they'd be putting more into it - they are real men. Her words, not mine.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Is this a practice match?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
No enthusiasm by anyone.. I'd be severely pissed paying the amount the Gunners supporters do to watch this.
It's exactly as the above says, a practice match.
Worse than an England friendly.

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
You wouldn't say a team in the last 16 of the Champions league and in the top 6 of the Premiership (despite under performing this season) are a far superior team?

Thank god I am not the only one that thinks this. They are favourites, simple. Would be a big cupset if we did win.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Really poor atmosphere

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thank god I am not the only one that thinks this. They are favourites, simple. Would be a big cupset if we did win.

I think that is why some people fancy our chances - because there is absolutely no pressure. That being the case we might raise our game and an Arsenal with the wrong attitude might turn up.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Even the commentator is mentioning the empty seats & the fact that arsenal don't announce the attendance figure but tickets sold but I think he must have forgotten that this is a cup match so the two figures should be the same unless cup matches are included in season tickets at arsenal.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

I don't think anyone thinks we'd be favourites or it wouldn't be an upset, just that an upset is perhaps more likely against Arsenal because a) they're so far ahead of us they may take us lightly, b) they're not having the best of seasons especially against "smaller" teams - couldn't beat southampton, bradford, villa, fulham, norwich, stoke, or sunderland, barely managed to scrape a win against QPR and Wigan. Swansea are having a good season having beaten Arsenal at the emirates in the league, got points v chelsea and man utd, and have less of a big team mentality to look down on us, thus won't assume they will beat us just because of who they are and who we are.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Even the commentator is mentioning the empty seats & the fact that arsenal don't announce the attendance figure but tickets sold but I think he must have forgotten that this is a cup match so the two figures should be the same unless cup matches are included in season tickets at arsenal.

According to Sam Wallace, the first seven home cup ties are included in the season ticket.

But even so, there could be differences due to illness, plans being changed, or tickets being bought for a friend who it turned outdidn't want to go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here