Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal v Swansea - Tonights game

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Swansea have a great chance of getting to the League Cup final, the 2nd leg of which is on the 23rd, 3 days before the FA cup tie. They'll throw everything at that, so I can't help but feel if they do beat Arsenal tonight, we'll have a better chance against them.

That said, would love Arsenal to visit, would be a great cup occasion.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Arsenal at a full 28K AMEX. Awesome.

Tapatalk double post :lolol:

Last edited:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Swansea will have 2 games a week up to the 26th. They will also have a chance of getting to the league cup final next week and by the time they (could) play us may already be at Wembley. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to rest players either tonight or against us. Hopefully they win tonight, reach the final next week and put their subs out against us.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
HAS to be Arsenal, all inlaws are Gooner Season Ticket Holders, not played them in the 15 years with the wife, also my 40th Birthday when all inlaws are down in good old sussex with me for the night. HAS to be Arsenal, will be gutted if they dont win tonight.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
What the HELL are people on about with the "We have more chance of beating Arsenal". Seriously, people get swamped in the 'Arsenal are in decline' and completely fall for it.

Remember how good Reading were last season? Arsenal put TONS past them.
Remember we beat a weakened Toon 2-0? Arsenal scored 7 against full strength.

Yes they are not what they used to be but COME ON. Arsenal are 4 points ahead of Swansea, with a game in hand, and that's after them having a 'terrible' season and Swansea over-achieving.

Would I rather face Michu, Danny Graham and Nathan Dyer or World cup winner Santi Cazorla, 100 capped (44 international goals) Podolski and Future England winger Oxlade Chamberlain?

hmmm. Tough one.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I worry for Adam and Gordon trying to contain Walcott,..... sheeesh.

I'm wondering how many penalties we will give away, El Abd is very physical and walcott is fast. Three things will happen that day, either Walcott gets very hurt by adam and we give away a few penalties, Walcott is going to rip our defence a new arsehole, or their team won't turn up and Walcott hardly gets the ball.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I think Swansea are resting loads of players tonight. They have a great chance of winning the league cup, so i assume they will try and focus resources on the league cup plus a storming second half of the season in the league.
Arsenal on the other hand... desperate to win something and the FA Cup is pretty much their only hope this season. I reckon they'll hammer Swansea tonight and then play a really strong team against us. Not that it will matter... as we're going beat them 3.1 anyway!

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What the HELL are people on about with the "We have more chance of beating Arsenal". Seriously, people get swamped in the 'Arsenal are in decline' and completely fall for it.

Yes they are not what they used to be but COME ON. Arsenal are 4 points ahead of Swansea, with a game in hand, and that's after them having a 'terrible' season and Swansea over-achieving.

Would I rather face Michu, Danny Graham and Nathan Dyer or World cup winner Santi Cazorla, 100 capped (44 international goals) Podolski and Future England winger Oxlade Chamberlain?

hmmm. Tough one.

Arsenal's defence is more likely to have a calamitous cockup though

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Going to the game tonight as my girlfriend is an Arsenal game. Would rather Arsenal win but wouldn't be disappointed with Swansea

C

CT1

Arsenal. I can see a comical fall out between Poyet and Wenger. Heard it here first.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton

hmmm. Tough one.

This is the correct answer

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I to think we will beat Arsenal if we get them.
Madness. They could give us a right hiding.

I personally think we have a better chance of beating Arsenal
I hope we get Arsenal as it is more of a glamour tie and they are more beatable than Swansea
Plus i also think we would have a better chance of beating them, slim as it may be.
More beatable, possibly, but as Munk says, slim chance.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
what the hell are people on about with the "we have more chance of beating arsenal". Seriously, people get swamped in the 'arsenal are in decline' and completely fall for it.

Remember how good reading were last season? Arsenal put tons past them.
Remember we beat a weakened toon 2-0? Arsenal scored 7 against full strength.

Yes they are not what they used to be but come on. Arsenal are 4 points ahead of swansea, with a game in hand, and that's after them having a 'terrible' season and swansea over-achieving.

Would i rather face michu, danny graham and nathan dyer or world cup winner santi cazorla, 100 capped (44 international goals) podolski and future england winger oxlade chamberlain?

Hmmm. Tough one.

thhhhiiiiiiisssssssssssssss

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here