Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal v Swansea - Tonights game

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
I don't know why so many people think we'd beat Arsenal. Yes, Bradford beat an almost full strength team but don't forget the difference in quality of the pitch. I think both Arsenal and Swansea would comfortably beat us. In answer to the question, I'd prefer Arsenal because they have a better all round team and the atmosphere would be better.

^This^ although I'd substitute "would comfortably beat us" to "should beat us"

We're on a decent run, but it's only 3 games and we're talking about one of the leading English clubs of the last decade (albeit off form) and the surprise form team of the Prem this year. Yes, we beat Newcastle, but they are woefully short of form & confidence so either the Swans or Gooners will be a different proposition altogether.

We have a decent chance, but either Swansea or Arsenal will be strong favourites.

I think the atmosphere will be better for Arsenal, so that's who I'd prefer. Plus I have a Gooner mate who I would very much enjoy seeing for a beer after if we do knock them out!

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I find it amazing people are saying we have a great chance of beating Arsenal. I know people will refer to Bradford in the League Cup, but surely the Amex is far more up their street. I would be shocked if we did beat them.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Arsenal.

Full house,Gooners Reserves,home draw 1-1,Emirates,2-1 Albion aet.

This football stuff is dead simple.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
I find it amazing people are saying we have a great chance of beating Arsenal. I know people will refer to Bradford in the League Cup, but surely the Amex is far more up their street. I would be shocked if we did beat them.
I find it amazing that people are writing the Albion off. Talk about being beaten before we've even played the match

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
I find it amazing that people are writing the Albion off. Talk about being beaten before we've even played the match

I am not writing us off at all. I think we will give them a run for their money, but they will be favourites. We beat Newcastle's second team and people now think we can beat the currently 6th best team in England. There is a big difference.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I am not writing us off at all. I think we will give them a run for their money, but they will be favourites. We beat Newcastle's second team and people now think we can beat the currently 6th best team in England. There is a big difference.

We beat them last year when they were third.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We CAN beat anyone on our day, we probably won't but who knows. The beauty of football

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

Fair point. Yes, they'd clearly be favourites ( should they get past Swansea of course ). However, I just think that in some eyes, Brighton beating Arsenal is utterly absurd and anyone suggesting it is in cloud cuckoo land. As Bradford proved, it can be done. Of course this is all academic if Swansea win :)

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here