Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

arsenal v manchester united

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Apparently so. It's not just a mercenary game in the English top flite though is it? European leagues are littered with mercenary players. I'm no drum-beating nationalist, but I'd rather have a list of European Cup winnners that didn't read:

Milan
Milan
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Real Madrid
Inter
Real Madrid

etc.

Personally I struggle to comprehend those in this country who salivate over Premier League teams losing to overseas clubs in European club competitions.

It doesn't read like that though, does it?

There are two Man Utd wins in last ten years or so. And Liverpool. One more this year won't change anything at all.

I certainly won't wake up feeling proud to be English!

Personally, I'd rather see some 'random' teams in the list - English or otherwise. You know, like in the European Cup years. Unfortunately the league/two-leg format of the Champions League means that ain't gonna happen.

Chelsea v Man Utd again? BORING!

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Incidentally the top six winners are:

Real Madrid
Milan
Liverpool
Munich
Ajax
Man Utd

Two in the top 6 = best country in Europe

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I prefered when we were the best in europe with british players

Liverpool
Liverpool
Forest
Forest
Liverpool
Villa
miss one year
Liverpool

And all Preston North End players were born and raised in Preston and all Stoke City players hailed from the Potteries :thumbsup:

In all sincerity though, I completely agree, but those days are long gone.

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
And all Preston North End players were born and raised in Preston and all Stokey City players hailed from the Potteries :thumbsup:

In all sincerity though, I completely agree, but those days are long gone.

Not forgetting that United, Chelsea and Liverpool are foreign owned. They are also brands not football clubs anymore:D

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I bet Kieron Gibbs woke up feeling like a (unt this morning!

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I am aware of that but to call these clubs English is a bit of a joke. I have no problem with wanting Barcelona to win. After all they are sponsered by UNICEF

No they are not, no money is paid to Barcelona to wear the UNICEF logo on their shirts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here