Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

arsenal v manchester united

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The issue all other clubs have is that Man Utd have that ability to just step up when required 9 times out 10.

The squad they have is awesome and no beating about the bush you see player like Park, Fletcher and O'Shea for instance who would be no-ones with other clubs yet play superb for Man U.

The only player in recent times to become perhaps better in the Premiership is Phil Neville who is and in my opinion always was exceptional.

Chelsea may soon collapse as soon as Abromovich gets bored and Arsenal / Liverpool cannot match the massive investment Utd have.

Also Utd have world wide scout network that picks up potentially good players such as Ronaldo who a few years back was a nobody.

I love the way everyone slags of Man Utd yet forget their consistency means the Premiership gets 4 Champions League places.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I still think Barca will win the competition.

If they get past Chelski tomorrow night, the thought of a ManUre vs. Barca final would be mouthwatering enough for the neutrals, and fun for the more partisan among us.

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
That was the football equivalent of sex with a beautiful lady.

From start to finish the champions played with not only sublime skills and passing moves but a ruthless efficiency that made Arsenal look like boys. Sir Alex has his knockers, but there is no man in world football I'd rather have prepare a team for me. He is the very definition of tactical genius. And in Cristiano and Wayne he has two of the world's finest footballers at his disposal. It was an absolute joy to watch that tonight, and I only hope the true champions of England, Europe and the World retain their rightful title and don't allow Chelsea to bore it off them.

UNITED:clap2:

Spot on, say what you like about them they try to play in the right way (yes Ronaldo dives etc etc but each team has a knob who does) they have and bring through alot of british talent (brown, o'shea, fletcher, giggs, scholes) and they are fantastic to watch. Liverpool live in the past, Arsenal are full of forginers and Chelsea are pure plastic.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Fair comment about United having a good scouting network, that Italian lad who has made some cameo appearances recently and scored a few goals looks like another good discovery...ironically the only team that can rival them when it comes to spotting and developing young talent is Arsenal, who they put to the sword so magnificently this evening.

Austrian Gull

Feb 5, 2009
Linz, Austria
Surely the sending off can be resindicated?

Resindicated? Isn't that something you do to a TV programme?

That third goal was one of the best counter-attack goals ever scored - absolutely amazing.

Almunia should not be playing for Arsenal let alone England.

The gap in class between the two sides was a major surprise and shows that Arsenal have fallen a long way behind over the last few years.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
If you think they are good now, wait till next year.

Benzema and Valencia I have heard are or will be done deals, they are also talking with Ribery.

And everyone believes Ronaldo is staying....they are spending big this year!

Phenominal

:clap:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004

Benzema and Valencia I have heard are or will be done deals, they are also talking with Ribery.

Phenominal

Great. Even less chance of the big 4 being broken up.

I can't wait............

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gotta go British guys! You may not like the big four but why would you want a foreign league to be the best in European football? Personally I hope Man Ure meet Barca in the final and stuff them out of sight. I'm no United fan but I'll take them over any Spanish team.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Phenominal

I can understand why the worst NFL team gets first choice when it comes to the best new talent

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Gotta go British guys! You may not like the big four but why would you want a foreign league to be the best in European football? Personally I hope Man Ure meet Barca in the final and stuff them out of sight. I'm no United fan but I'll take them over any Spanish team.

Bit of a contridiction there - how many British players make up the big four :glare:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bit of a contridiction there - how many British players make up the big four :glare:

No contradiction as far as I can see, Barca and Real are littered with non-Spanish players. United - Ferdinand, Fletcher, Giggs, Rooney, Scholes, Neville...

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Strange comment!

It's a question, not a comment.

Does the Premier League being perceived (by some) as the best in the world really matter to you? (And does an English team winning the Champions League change anything?!)

If the Premier League is the best, it's because it currently has the most money - and most of that money is foreign. The coaches are also mostly foreign. And the players too.

Leaving aside whether that's good or bad, is it something to be proud of on a nationalistic level?

And do you think you're more proud of the Premier League than an Italian is of the World Cup?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
It's a question, not a comment.

Does the Premier League being perceived (by some) as the best in the world really matter to you? (And does an English team winning the Champions League change anything?!)

Apparently so. It's not just a mercenary game in the English top flite though is it? European leagues are littered with mercenary players. I'm no drum-beating nationalist, but I'd rather have a list of European Cup winnners that didn't read:

Milan
Milan
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Juventus
Real Madrid
Inter
Real Madrid

etc.

Personally I struggle to comprehend those in this country who salivate over Premier League teams losing to overseas clubs in European club competitions.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I prefered when we were the best in europe with british players

Liverpool
Liverpool
Forest
Forest
Liverpool
Villa
miss one year