Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
3-1

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
John Terry said they haven't got the depth of squad they used to have

Well spotted Poirot!

The top flight are limited to 25 player squads, with a certain proportion needing to be 'home grown'

Can't just throw money at it and mop up the silverware

Good thing IMO

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Looking at Chelsea's starting XI, there are so many weak links, Ferreira, Ivanovic, Mikel and Kalou. They're midtable players at best.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
World-class teams aren't fully made of world stars. Chelsea's spine has been a little missing in recent weeks, but that is not down to those players.

True. But when your top players are out of sorts, Drogba, Malouda etc you need dependable players supporting them. Nothing spectacular, but solid back up. Chelsea don't have that

The managers have been changed and chopped so many times by Abramovich and his money-spinning demanding ways, that it's hard to see why Chelsea should deserve to walk the league. Good football still requires some consistency of management as I see it, and Chelsea will watch their .....5th? manager in 7 seasons losing the league title to one who's been in his job for 24 years, and was given a while in the job as a comparitive 'failure' before things took off for his side.

Chelsea appear to 'formulate' their game across the squad without a lot of personality to any of the players' style, and they have become a little dull to watch, for me.
Arsenal still play a strong game and get better players in, then as they play together longer they seem to improve as a team. Players like van Persie and Febregas have been complimented with players of their level of quality - it's hard to identify a weakness in their sides and they possess depth off the bench too (which Chelsea don't seem to). I bet Arsenal aren't playing in the highest wage/costs budget either, they have been careful about speanding in the past.

One other thing though - Anelka should have made a bit of a difference for Chelsea for this match - and Drogba wasn't much good tonight in my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here