Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal V Chelsea

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
First time in years the gunners have had a stronger squad than the chavs.

If we could get a Nasri type we'd romp the League.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Arsenal r shit.Chelsea shitter (is shitter a real word?)
Man United will piss the league,and I hate them all.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chelsea were unstoppable at the start of the season, lest we forget.

I don't have much time for the odious John Terry but his team haven't actually become shit overnight, they're just on a run of poor form, surely.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Frank Lampard is back, they'll be fine in a few games. Fulham next isn't it? They'll beat them and then they'll go on a nice little run and all this will be forgotten. It is just a bad spell, and it's better to have it now than in 2 or 3 months time. Plenty of chances to catch Man Utd still, and they too will wobble at some point.

On the plus side, my July accumulator on league winners is looking ALOT stronger now that Man Utd are pulling away, albeit slowly. I hope the rumours are true, and Nottingham Forest are getting ready to part with Billy Davies in favour of Martin O'Neill. Only then will my premonitions come true!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Could turn out to be the ultimate in depressing seasons for Liverpool on current form.

They are playing like total bumhats, struggling to make upper mid-table, and Man United are in a great position to overtake their record of League titles won.

It'll be interesting to see how SkySports react if United look likely to win this year, as their football records don't exist until 1992, so according to them, Liverpool have no titles at all and thus it'd just be another routine United win.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I still think Liverpool will finish in the top 8. It'll be the current top 5 in any order and then Liverpool 6th, or 7th depending on Sunderland's second half to the season. I think that will do Liverpool quite nicely in the circumstances, and next summer they can sign the 3 or 4 players they need to really make them able to challenge for the top 4 next season. I hope they don't get rid of Roy Hodgson, he will do a good job there if he's allowed to ship out the dross and sign his own players. People have been slating Konchesky, Meirelles and Poulsen but I don't think they're the problem. Maxi Rodrigues, David Ngog, Sotirios Krygiakos and Lucas are. Those 4 need flogging, and quickly.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I still think Liverpool will finish in the top 8. It'll be the current top 5 in any order and then Liverpool 6th, or 7th depending on Sunderland's second half to the season. I think that will do Liverpool quite nicely in the circumstances, and next summer they can sign the 3 or 4 players they need to really make them able to challenge for the top 4 next season. I hope they don't get rid of Roy Hodgson, he will do a good job there if he's allowed to ship out the dross and sign his own players. People have been slating Konchesky, Meirelles and Poulsen but I don't think they're the problem. Maxi Rodrigues, David Ngog, Sotirios Krygiakos and Lucas are. Those 4 need flogging, and quickly.

You have got to be kidding me. Hmmm lets see Paul Konchesky was shit with West Ham shit with Fulham and is a mid table left back at best (and thats being kind!) or Lucas 21 years old, still adapting to the premiership, FULL BRAZILIAN INTERNATIONAL. Now let me think of who may be more of a problem within Liverpool's poor run of form????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Chelsea were unstoppable at the start of the season, lest we forget.

I don't have much time for the odious John Terry but his team haven't actually become shit overnight, they're just on a run of poor form, surely.

Sounds a lot like us really-odious John Terry excepted.

southstandg

Dec 17, 2010
Sussex by the sea
Chelsea really need to start the process of morale building again, a few new signings and you never know, as said they need strength in depth. I feel Chelsea will struggle to finish in the top 4 with poor morale and the poor back-up players available to them.

Dr_Pepper

Oct 2, 2010
South England
Chelsea should finish top 4, there having a bad run but there still a good team they just need to recover from the injuries and start playing like a team again then they will be up there again and everyone would have forgot about this bad spell

northernblue

Nov 24, 2010
Thing us though there must be stuff going on behind the scenes that has unsettled them as it is amazing how badly they have lost from since the start of the season.I suppose that is the price you pay if you sell your soil to an oil billionaire and basically become his toy.It was all well and good when they were buying the league, fingers crossed this is payback time.

Thing us though there must be stuff going on behind the scenes that has unsettled them as it is amazing how badly they have lost from since the start of the season.I suppose that is the price you pay if you sell your soil to an oil billionaire and basically become his toy.It was all well and good when they were buying the league, fingers crossed this is payback time.

It probably occurs to several people that the demise of Chelski fortunes *might* be connected to the nasty lack of moral standards displayed by John Terry.
Somewhere in the spine, there's been some mold that is turning to jelly. Maybe endemic to the rotten and the overly arrogant, and those who disregard what actually, the Ten Commandments signify for decency in society.
The concept of 'getting what's coming' and what's deserved, in fortune, is often waved aside as the domain of mystics, star-sign-believers and the tea-leaf-reading ethereals. For all that, and despite anyone's wish to poo-poo the superstitious - I think most people want 'just deserves' to be served up, ultimately.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
You have got to be kidding me. Hmmm lets see Paul Konchesky was shit with West Ham shit with Fulham and is a mid table left back at best (and thats being kind!) or Lucas 21 years old, still adapting to the premiership, FULL BRAZILIAN INTERNATIONAL. Now let me think of who may be more of a problem within Liverpool's poor run of form????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Konchesky was very good at Fulham and for me, is only behind Evra, Clichy, Cole and Baines as the best left back in the league. Maybe that's not saying much about the quality of the rest of left backs in the league, but he is solid and reliable at the back. Lucas, on the other hand, is pony. He's not a holding midfielder and he's not an attacking midfielder, so he's a nothing central midfielder in my opinion and not good enough to be a regular in the Liverpool first team. You can't tell me that a team consisting of Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Poulsen, Meirelles, Cole and Torres wouldn't be a top 6 team atleast. Their only problem is a lack of quality to replace them when injured, but they'll all come back eventually.

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Chelsea should finish top 4, there having a bad run but there still a good team they just need to recover from the injuries and start playing like a team again then they will be up there again and everyone would have forgot about this bad spell

I think they will struggle to finish top four personally unless they spend shed loads in the window. Even with the injuries excuse there isn't enough depth to sustain a title challenge. Kalou looked like the biggest parody of a forward i've seen since Ali Dia last night.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
I think they will struggle to finish top four personally unless they spend shed loads in the window. Even with the injuries excuse there isn't enough depth to sustain a title challenge. Kalou looked like the biggest parody of a forward i've seen since Ali Dia last night.

But didn't Ali Dia almost score in that game for Southampton?

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Konchesky was very good at Fulham and for me, is only behind Evra, Clichy, Cole and Baines as the best left back in the league. Maybe that's not saying much about the quality of the rest of left backs in the league, but he is solid and reliable at the back. Lucas, on the other hand, is pony. He's not a holding midfielder and he's not an attacking midfielder, so he's a nothing central midfielder in my opinion and not good enough to be a regular in the Liverpool first team. You can't tell me that a team consisting of Reina, Johnson, Carragher, Agger, Konchesky, Kuyt, Gerrard, Poulsen, Meirelles, Cole and Torres wouldn't be a top 6 team atleast. Their only problem is a lack of quality to replace them when injured, but they'll all come back eventually.

So you think Konchesky is better than Lescott, Zabaleta, Warnock, Asso-Ekoto, Gibbs, Bridge, Ridgewell, Ryan Taylor and Matt Taylor? Cos i dont. In fact im struggling to think of a left back in the prem that Konchesky is better than.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here