Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal Away 31st August

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
How does the queuing system work?
about 8.30 the ticket system will be closed to entry and all baskets will be emptied. Anyone logging in to the site between then and 9.00 will effectively be placed in a waiting room. Then just before 9.00 everyone in the waiting room at that time will be allocated a random number between 1 and the total number in the room, so no 1 will be able to go straight in and buy a ticket (or tickets if buying for f&f) and the others will follow in order. Your number will appear in a box on your screen together with a figure of a walking man and an approximate time of arrival onto the site.
For info the last time i looked there was just about 200 left.

P.S. Before anyone complains about the system in place most fans accept and recognise that it is fair that those who do the hard yards and support our club home and away get first dibs on available tickets but also worth pointing out that though those in the top tier are guaranteed a ticket the way they are sometimes released mean that they are not necessarily the best seats.

Jodyjodes

Jan 19, 2018
about 8.30 the ticket system will be closed to entry and all baskets will be emptied. Anyone logging in to the site between then and 9.00 will effectively be placed in a waiting room. Then just before 9.00 everyone in the waiting room at that time will be allocated a random number between 1 and the total number in the room, so no 1 will be able to go straight in and buy a ticket (or tickets if buying for f&f) and the others will follow in order. Your number will appear in a box on your screen together with a figure of a walking man and an approximate time of arrival onto the site.
For info the last time i looked there was just about 200 left.

P.S. Before anyone complains about the system in place most fans accept and recognise that it is fair that those who do the hard yards and support our club home and away get first dibs on available tickets but also worth pointing out that though those in the top tier are guaranteed a ticket the way they are sometimes released mean that they are not necessarily the best seats.
Appreciated, thanks for reply… I’ve often experienced the waiting room but never realized it was a lottery where you’d be in the queue.. I also have never known if it was worth logging on early or just waiting till 9.

Luke the Lucky

NSC Patron
May 1, 2024
I've just released a spare one back out my basket, would check back in around 5 minutes as well because that's when the 20 minutes that it holds ticket expires

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I failed. Now move on to the next match…
Keep an eye on the tickets, people might have them in their basket and dont buy all of them or a group all log in and once one person gets them a load a released. Also a small number are realsed randomly for player friends, family, hangers on, etc so keep checking back

pigmanovich

Good Old Sausage by the Sea
Mar 16, 2024
London
Ticket to a London away league game purchased at the first time of asking punk: Using two devices was a gamechanger, was 150th or so in the queue on one and 450th or so on the other.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Surely other blocks will be released??
Blocks no, we have had our 3000 seats.
However, depending on how much you want to go and if you can spare the time to keep looking, some will appear at some point as the club usually release some of the tickets that they hold back for players comps sponsors etc nearer the time.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It's likely that I now won't be going. How do I release this back to the club if that is the case? There must be a way. Don't even want my money back.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's likely that I now won't be going. How do I release this back to the club if that is the case? There must be a way. Don't even want my money back.
The club don't have a solution

Peacehaven Wild Kids

Jan 16, 2022
The Avenue then Maloncho
Been discussed to death. No option to return away tickets.
It has, yes, however as quoted by @Giraffe
”Don't even want my money back”

What was the crux of “discussed to death” was the logistics of refunding fans while encouraging them to buy tickets they might not really want this being unfair on others.

I’d rather my away ticket was reused with no money involved than someone missing out.
This system DID work for European aways.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005

What was the crux of “discussed to death” was the logistics of refunding fans while encouraging them to buy tickets they might not really want this being unfair on others.

I’d rather my away ticket was reused with no money involved than someone missing out.
Yes exactly. In the old days I'd let one of my mates have it if I couldn't go. They would be Brighton fans who generally don't go to aways. I get completely why they stopped doing that but surely, especially this far out from the game, there is a way to just cancel the purchase and let someone else go.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

We've discussed all of it at length. It's DAFT you can't somehow reallocate an away ticket, even if you lose your money.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here