Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus: Gus chasing top striker

armchairclubber

Aug 8, 2010
Bexhill
Has Craig Bellamy sorted out his future yet ? Gus made his liking for him quite apparent last season and I've had a hunch for some time he may be the one. Household name with Championship experience.

Seems plausible if Cardiff can afford a contribution towards his wages that we could sort something out with Man City. Gus can be very persuasive !

I know Ashley Barnes is quite settled here but if the previously rumoured interest in him were true, it may open up the door for him to leave at some point for an improved contract and a good sum of money to come the clubs way. Just my thinking.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
I think there would be Premier League clubs willing to take a punt on Bellamy.

He only dropped to the Championship because Man City didn't want to loan him to another Premiership club and Cardiff are his hometown team.

If he were for sale, I would think he would stay in the EPL.

BrightonGuy

Jun 3, 2011
Brighton
I agree, currently we seem a bit top heavy and could do with a bit of balance. Mind you, In Gus We Trust and all that.

He did say in the fans forum that he wanted one for each line. So it just shows he is getting on with it which is good.
Just have to wait and see.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
"Experienced championship big player and there are not many" Gus.

If big is literal Grant Holt is the first one that springs to mind. I thought he was a bit slow witted and not the sort of sharp-eyed (Zamora-type) striker I like. However, he would be OK covering in defence and covers a lot of ground. He would to have a chance to play in the Premier so he won't leave Norwich (well, not until January).

Last edited:

Sitch

Jul 3, 2011
I know not long ago we enquire about a loan for Heidar Helgluson, don't know anything more on it.

I hope we get 2/3 in by Donny though because our defence is very weak.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Has Craig Bellamy sorted out his future yet ? Gus made his liking for him quite apparent last season and I've had a hunch for some time he may be the one. Household name with Championship experience.

Seems plausible if Cardiff can afford a contribution towards his wages that we could sort something out with Man City. Gus can be very persuasive !

I know Ashley Barnes is quite settled here but if the previously rumoured interest in him were true, it may open up the door for him to leave at some point for an improved contract and a good sum of money to come the clubs way. Just my thinking.

Nice thought, but i think wage demands would be way too high, and a perm transfer would be way too expensive. Plus he has already stated he doesn't want another loan move.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here