Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Mark McCammon?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
We're going to sign Zamora and announce it on the pitch before kick off tomorrow....I wish. :(

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Don't forget that once Elphick and El-Abd are back (both of whom Poyet rates), we would have too many centre halves - which is a much less rotated position than striker.

Perhaps Poyet is thinking a bit longer term, even if it does mean that we could potentially be a bit stretched for the first month.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Sam Vokes - striker - available - experienced

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
I have absolute confidence in Dunk, I have no concerns with him stepping up to the Championship having seen him in Portugal against PSG and their strike force.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Strikers always welcome.

If anyone thinks El Abd and Elphick are top 6 championship defenders they are tripping

If no one else signed at the back then lets hope Dunk is all that

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I have absolute confidence in Dunk, I have no concerns with him stepping up to the Championship having seen him in Portugal against PSG and their strike force.

I agree, Dunk can be an asset,.... Elphick however is a liability and should have been shifted out..... he is a hoofer, surprised Gus keeps him on that basis alone.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I agree, Dunk can be an asset,.... Elphick however is a liability and should have been shifted out..... he is a hoofer, surprised Gus keeps him on that basis alone.

Gus rates him, he didn't do much wrong against Pompey or Watford, so I think your opinion might be slightly biased.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
In the article where it says a "big striker" does this mean size, or reputation?

At a guess, i'd imagine the bigger target man type of striker, Hoskins, CMS and Ash are all similar to a degree. We only have Bergkamp in the other category and if he's not ready or injured..........

A ricardo fuller, john carew type player is my guess

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Strikers always welcome.

If anyone thinks El Abd and Elphick are top 6 championship defenders they are tripping

If no one else signed at the back then lets hope Dunk is all that

I agree with this, the regular cb's have their limitations, we will need a really good quality cb to improve further unless dunk turns out to be top quality or perhaps the new boy branco similarly ends up being really good

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here