Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus carrying the story of the first fan to be banned from the Amex

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Left the ground at the Liverpool match to give his son ( 18 ) money to get home. Son didn't have a valid ticket to gain entry.

Tried to gain re-admittance. Refused. Arrested for being drunk and disorderly.

3yr ban from any football game in England and Wales. Also passport to be surrendered when England are playing abroad.

Pleaded guilty.

Argus quotes him as being ashamed and makes no excuses for what happened. I am guilty he said.

siclean

ex hollingbury
Apr 14, 2009
Was denied on (only 2nd visit) entry to withdean once for being well p***** . never went back again, not that i wanted to,the place was the pits.. and if i had gone back, the steward who refused me entry would have ended up picking a turnstile, i was that f****** angry:rant::rant::rant:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Very difficult to comment with that limited info.

Could have been kicking off with stewards etc, or might have been unfairly treated. Significant ban so likely to be former and may also have form, rather than first offence!

Who knows!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Could have been kicking off with stewards etc, or might have been unfairly treated. Significant ban so likely to be former and may also have form, rather than first offence!

Who knows!

It's not a significant ban though really, that is the minimum spell for a football banning order.

As you say difficult to comment without knowing the ins and outs but does sound very harsh and that the guy was unlucky. Given the 2.5 extra hours people will have today how many of them will be on the tipsy side? If people are getting banned for being slashed up then we are going to have a empty stadium by the end of the season.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Who knows!

Indeed. Who would be "ashamed and make no excuse for what happened" if he was simply a little drunk when he tried to re-enter the ground?

Who knows!

Some of you people take the f***ing biscuit.

"Limited info" you say??
He responded with "no excuses I am guilty" yet you try to look for some 'grey area' where it's unfair and possibly down to steward maltreatment.

If some loser gets in and twats you, you'd be FIRST to whinge that it was a poor show that they were let in bladdered to the gills and being aggressive.
What if someone reads between your lines and believes you must have been a part of the problem, eh?

pseudonym

Sep 22, 2011
Hell
................................,-~*`&mac... .....
...........................,-~*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll¯`*-,..........................................
......................,-~*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll*-,......................................
..................,-*llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll.\... ..................................
................;*`lllllllllllllllllllllllllll,-~*~-,llllllllllllllllllll\....................................
................\lllllllllllllllllllllllllll/...........\;;;;llllllllllll,-`~-,................................
.................\lllllllllllllllllllll,-*.............`~-~-,...(.(¯`*,`,...............................
...................\llllllllllll,-~*........................)_-\..*`*;..)..............................
.....................\,-*`¯,*`)............,-~*`~................../...............................
.....................|/.../.../~,......-~*,-~*`;.................../.\..............................
.................../.../..../..../..,-,..*~,.`*~*..................*...\.......................... ...
...................|.../.../..../.*`...\................................)....)¯`~,........... .........
...................|./..../..../........).........)`*~-,............../.....|..)...`~-,..............
.................././.../....,*`-,.....`-,....*`....,---......\...../...../..|..........¯```*~-,,,,
.................(............)`*~-,.....`*`.,-~*.,-*.......|.../..../..../...............\..........
..................*-,.......`*-,...`~,..``.,,,-*.............|.,*...,*....|.................\.........
......................*,.........`-,....)-,..................,-*`...,-*.....(`-,..............\........
........................f`-,........`-,/...*-,___,,-~*.....,-*......|....`-,...............\.....

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

"Limited info" you say??
He responded with "no excuses I am guilty" yet you try to look for some 'grey area' where it's unfair and possibly down to steward maltreatment.

If some loser gets in and twats you, you'd be FIRST to whinge that it was a poor show that they were let in bladdered to the gills and being aggressive.
What if someone reads between your lines and believes you must have been a part of the problem, eh?

Mainly because there are jumped up twats like you who were clearly bullied at school as stewards.

He's only showing remorse because he's been found guilty, got his ban which I expect he'll be able to appeal within a year.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

"Limited info" you say??

Calm down love

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
? Drunk and disorderly involves being pissed does it not?

Yes ofcourse it does, but you dont get banned from a football ground and charge just for being drunk, you have to be either not able to look after yourself, or causing disorderly conduct, the club are more than right to ban a drunk man from entering i seen in happen in pubs/clubs so why not football grounds?

"Limited info" you say??

c'mon he did say something like "could have been kicking off with the stewards.." I think the point he was making was none of us were there so what did happen? I think there has been a 99% reduction in the anti steward threads since we moved, apart from teathing probs I've found the stewards to be helpful and low profile (if that's not a contridiction)in the East

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here