Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus blogger asks: "Does Brighton Really Need A Football Club?"

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
It's a satire. A satire.

A piss-take, a joke, a sideswipe on the perception of Brighton being full of luvvies, Bohemian arty types, DfLs-cum-self-appointed social commentators who believe they're the first to have discovered Utopia by the Sea - along with a variety of other assorted wankers, dahling.

Agreed. What a coincidence that it's been launched during the Lib Dem Party Conference. Calculated to stir up the Bellotti-haters again.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Good grief, there are some stupid people on here (and the argus comments). How do these people tie their laces in the morning?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The article is funny. The replies are sad. That people could read it and not realise by the first paragraph that it's a spoof is amazing. There really are a lot of stupid people out there on t' internet.

Top marks to Simster (presumably the Simster of this parish?) for being the only person 'joining in' with it on the comments roll.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You can tell he's a massive twot by his name and photo alone, nevermind the shit he writes. I feel sorry for his badly named kids.

I love this site.

"twot"

Haven't heard that for at least 40 years

Excellent

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Not my sense of humour, so wouldn't call it 'funny', but actually an interesting read, and looking forward to his next one..

I am afraid that these "grumpy old/young men" parody pieces seem to be de rigueur (see what I did there) in local papers these days. They don't work for me I am afraid and just come over as smug and pretentious in a "head stuck up one's own bottom" sort of way.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
For someone sooo free thinking and open minded he came across up himself, arrogant and small minded,

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
The problem with satire is it has to be aimed at the appropriate market. Football fans, bless them, aren't the brightest bunch and knowing witticism is not going to win over the knuckle-scrapers. For every idiot who got angry about it, there will have been an old dear who nodded and agreed with it all - again, without a hint of understanding the irony and humour of the post.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Shouldn't he be at Dale Farm spending his giro on poorly made signs, veggie burgers and crack ?????

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here