Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus blogger asks: "Does Brighton Really Need A Football Club?"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
On what level is it either well-written or humourous ? Comes across as someone trying to be all intellectual using foreign words an' all, as though it's really clever (c'est non ?). But, as a mere burberry wearing football fan, I presume I wasn't able to understand it.

It's a satire. A satire.

A piss-take, a joke, a sideswipe on the perception of Brighton being full of luvvies, Bohemian arty types, DfLs-cum-self-appointed social commentators who believe they're the first to have discovered Utopia by the Sea - along with a variety of other assorted wankers, dahling.

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
De La Cunty is a ledge - a long running Argus blog and joke, written by an Argus hack.

I still expect many to take the bait and get indignant about it all.

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
"the Seagulls (an erroneous moniker as there is technically no such bird as a seagull)"

I stopped reading here, maybe someone should mention the red devils to him?

Josimojo

Aug 4, 2011
Ok so I carried on reading!

"Despite the authorities doing their best (apparently) to “Kick It Out”, the average football fan still hides his racism under a Burberry baseball cap, his sexism in the back pocket of his ill-fitting jeans and his rampant homophobia under the five inches of flab around his midriff. So, is this sport of “isms” really relevant in our liberal idyll?"

Isn't he doing some stereotyping of his own here??

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Ok so I carried on reading!

"Despite the authorities doing their best (apparently) to “Kick It Out”, the average football fan still hides his racism under a Burberry baseball cap, his sexism in the back pocket of his ill-fitting jeans and his rampant homophobia under the five inches of flab around his midriff. So, is this sport of “isms” really relevant in our liberal idyll?"

Isn't he doing some stereotyping of his own here??

That's the whole point of his blog.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I liked it.
How anyone could think it was serious amazes me, am glad they did though - their furious responses are just as entertaining.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
It is clearly a wind-up!! And relax.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here