Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Terrible Argus blog ... and not HB&B's

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
There's a worse blogger than HB&B on the Argus site

A Whiter Shade Of FAIL From The Argus)

"Every orifice rammed full of Afro, Asian and South American vibe..."

"...the country still is rather a snow-white Anglo-Saxon yawn-fest. However, surely Brighthelm should be different?"

Ye gods

D

Deleted User X18H

It's my friend Alan and he is being very very ironic.

Mine isn't a blog a such now as you will see it doesn't appear under blogs cos its a column:whistle:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It's a piss-take isn't it?

Shouldn't a piss-take be either a) funny or b) making a satiric point

It's a piss-take of what? Londoners? Black people? Musicians?

This was just drivel

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
every orifice rammed with liberal white racism

He is obviously taking the piss out of the London set in Brighton

tongue firmly in cheek, but pretty pointless piece.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
So why there is such a troubling lack of Afro-visages strolling down the twittens or promenading up the promenade of our fine coastal village-sur-mer? Well maybe the question we should be asking ourselves is – are we doing enough to attract these wonderful folk to our hometown?

Well, in my humble (yet highly educated) opinion, there may just be a clever albeit radical way to inject our frothy white coffee of a town with a double hit of dusky espresso bean.

I can't work out whether thats supposed to be funny, ironic, or deeply patronising.
"These wonderful folk" ??

???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I can't work out whether thats supposed to be funny, ironic, or deeply patronising.

Patronising.

If you want to make fun of trendy, middle-class types look at Charlie Brooker's Nathan Barley pieces - they were sharp and to-the-point ... and without being patronising.

They were also more than 10 years ago, haven't we moved on since then?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Quentin Delahunty – Liberal. Creative. Brightonian

Media creative Quentin, 41, moved with his family from leafy north London to the pebbly south coast six years ago. A firm believer in human rights, fair trade and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall, he shares with you, the reader, his hopes, his dreams and his frustration at the low-brow, tasteless and downright common nature of our once great nation.

Editor's note: Quentin Delahunty is a fictional creation

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It's my friend Alan and he is being very very ironic.

Mine isn't a blog a such now as you will see it doesn't appear under blogs cos its a column:whistle:

So do they actually get someone to proof read it now? Or have you gone back to school to learn how to write?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here