Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ARGENTINA v SERBIA & MONTENEGRO: The NSC Official Thread

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Dick Knights Mum said:
Funnily enough - we did beat them recently. It is all on the day. We do need our players fit though - Rooney, Owen, Cole, Neville - and firing - Lampard, Crouch.
Exactly. They've been awesome today, but against an average side. Not downplaying the magnificence of this performance but the World Cup is far from won just yet.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Just watched the second half

ah well.....if they play like that again...God help anyone that gets in their way

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Shizuoka Dolphin said:
Shite defending for the last one, but can't argue with 4-0.

Just wish the commentators would stop banging on about MARA-BLOODY-DONA all the time.

waaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MALADONNA SAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
What a performance.

I thought that the first goal was the best of the tournament so far and then they scored an even better one.

S&M were pony but there was some beautiful football.

What a day to work from home.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
f*** ME we do NOT want to meet this lot...if we win our group and Argentina win theirs, then we will AVOID them in the quarters.

No f***ing about against Sweden, Sven. we MUST win our group.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Marshy said:
A romp. We should be able to play like this....
But we can't though can we? We just don't have players with that level of technical ability. And this isn't another dig at those who swallowed the 'Golden Generation' rubbish, it's just the way we play football in these islands. The Nationwide slogan sums it up "Pride, Passion, Belief" it should be "Talent, Skill, Ability". We don't like seeing pretty pretty passing moves, we like to see the ball played forward quickly. Looks good, look exciting but wins nothing. Some might be able to do it at their clubs, (surrounded by ball-playing foreigners) but when they gather together as England they revert to type and go back to the ingrained English way. I had hoped that appointing a foreign manager would correct this, but Sven's gone native.

Ah well. Well played Argentina. More of the same please.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Also it's worth pointing out that S&M aren't some collection of well-drilled League Two journeymen (like T and T), an ageing bunch of has-beens (France) or a loose collection of different talents (Holland), they are a good side who won their group (which included Spain) and only conceeded 1 goal!

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Brovian said:
The Nationwide slogan sums it up "Pride, Passion, Belief" it should be "Talent, Skill, Ability".

It should be "Talent, Skill, Ability, Pride, Passion, AND Belief", otherwise you'll end up with something like lard-arse Ronaldo in the last Brazil game.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Brovian said:
Also it's worth pointing out that S&M aren't some collection of well-drilled League Two journeymen (like T and T), an ageing bunch of has-beens (France) or a loose collection of different talents (Holland), they are a good side who won their group (which included Spain) and only conceeded 1 goal!

But did they play a stifling game or try to outplay the Argies?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Brovian said:
We don't like seeing pretty pretty passing moves, we like to see the ball played forward quickly.

If only we would move the ball forward quickly. Yesterday it took us an age to move it forward, or, more often than not, we just lumped it(or is that what you meant by moving it forward quickly?).

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
garry nelsons left foot said:
If only we would move the ball forward quickly. Yesterday it took us an age to move it forward, or, more often than not, we just lumped it(or is that what you meant by moving it forward quickly?).
Yes. Boot it up the field and hope for the best. I blame Charles Hughes.

Perry - S&M's style of play is almost irrelevant. Argentina broke them down because as a team they were able to pass accurately to each other and move into space. Also individually they had the ability to beat players, something we only did when Lennon came on.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
What Hansen and the others said at halftime about the differences between the way England play and the way the Argies play was spot on.

The Argentinians have some of the best players in the world in their team. And they're playing in the positions they should be playing in. We, on the other hand, have some of the best players in the world in our team. And they're playing out of position and with a manager who cannot see where they should be playing.

Argentina were awe-inspiring today. Sven needs to take a good hard look.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here