Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you still proud to be a Seagull?

Are you still proud to be a Brighton fan?

• Yes

Votes: 145 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Not as much as in the past

Votes: 17 10.2%

• Total voters

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Am I proud to be a fan? Yes and always will be

Am I proud of the the club's performance this season? Absolutely not... but then I wasn't proud of what I saw on the pitch in 1973, 1986, 1992, 1996, 1998 and so on. However, I am still here and, outside my family, the club is still the thing in my life most likely to inspire emotion, whether that is joy, frustration or, as this season, anger.

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
I stood on my seat at scumland after seeing them torn apart 5-0,showing the palarse my blue and white striped shirt as I CLAPPED off my team that had let ME down.
I was proud to be Albion that day and still hope we can pull it round.So yes still proud and still optomistic

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Brighton through and through, will be to the day I die but I know we can be better than this.. proud of the name but not of the players or the board right now.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Has never been any other team, I think it picked me rather than the other way round, if you catch my drift.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Agree with all the sentiment on here - I proudly tell people who ask that I am a Brighton fan.

We're having a poor season - made worse because it was throbbing with potential after last year and in the shadow of the new stadium - but we've had them before and frankly, as a club over the years, we've yo-yo'ed between Div 3 and 4 most of the time with the odd foray into Div 2 and one glorious spell in the top flight.

Dandyman

In London village.
Of course - which is why going from 7th to relegation fodder hurts so much.

This season counts as probably the worst for board decisions since the 1990s, but we are still Albion even if faced with Accrington on a Tuesday night.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
maybe not so much proud at this moment in time, but I always will be a fan, whatever happens, the pride is dented for sure, but there will be good times to even out this bad time, surely?

I was proud the chant I invented on Saturday got an hounarable mention in todays Argus :lolol:

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Always have been, always will be and my 6 year old son i'm pleased to say is following suit!!

:albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2::albion2:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I got abused by a random old guy for wearing a Brighton shirt in the village i live in, which is home to about 50 nearly dead people and me and is about 100miles from Brighton. Christ knows who he supported, he just said i was a disgrace for supporting such a shit team. That is how bad it is at the moment.

He couldn't possibly be more wrong. The disgrace would have been to stop supporting your club just because the team is shit - but of course some people will never understand that.

Haven't we all met tossers who say they "support" the multinationals such as Moan U "because they're the best", sidestepping questions of whom they support in those (unfortunately rare) seasons when they finish second or third? Luckily we've got a club we can be proud to support because of what we've all done in the past 12 years, no matter what happens on the field.

EastbourneGull

Oct 1, 2008
I have friends who support Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. In every respect I regard them as good friends - except in a footballing context, in which case they are parasites.

They have not a trace of emotional DNA linking them to the teams they support. They rarely if ever watch their teams except on Sky. Their eyes glaze over at the very mention of BHA. Actually I pity them because they don't really understand what it really means to support a club like ours. Roller coaster ride it may be, I've lost count of the number of weekends ruined by bad results - and this season has been the worst for a decade.

I go to about 80% of home games...it's nearly April and I've seen them win twice. Being a Seagulls supporter is very special - but I wouldn't expect the above mentioned friends to appreciate that.

Actually this thread is really quite uplifting!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here