Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you still proud to be a Seagull?

Are you still proud to be a Brighton fan?

• Yes

Votes: 145 86.8%
  • No

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Not as much as in the past

Votes: 17 10.2%

• Total voters

Slough Seagull

Bye Bye Slough
Nov 23, 2006
I have friends who support Man U, Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea etc. In every respect I regard them as good friends - except in a footballing context, in which case they are parasites.

They have not a trace of emotional DNA linking them to the teams they support. They rarely if ever watch their teams except on Sky. Their eyes glaze over at the very mention of BHA. Actually I pity them because they don't really understand what it really means to support a club like ours. Roller coaster ride it may be, I've lost count of the number of weekends ruined by bad results - and this season has been the worst for a decade.

I go to about 80% of home games...it's nearly April and I've seen them win twice. Being a Seagulls supporter is very special - but I wouldn't expect the above mentioned friends to appreciate that.

Actually this thread is really quite uplifting!

:ascarf: I'm going to forward that to every glory hunter I know...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I look for excuses not to bother to go at the moment, so probably not that proud. Not much to be proud of given the shit served up and the attitude of most of the players though.

You may think that makes me a fair weather fan, I reckon it makes me a fan getting fed up with paying over the top to watch dross which becomes even worse when it's dross without passion.

But 100% a Seagull fan and not interested in watching or following anyone else, just somewhat deflated and pissed off..

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's not easy to admit you're a Brighton fan, a Newcastle "fan" was mocking my shirt earlier when I walked along Church Road, a quick shout of, "your lot aren't any better" soon shut him up.

For christs sakes man is that the best you could come up with?

If it happens again tell him to shut it or you're going to rape him, his family and his familys pets :angry:

BHA is in my blood, I'd be proud to be a fan if we didn't win a game this season.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
When I was at school in the 50's there was only one football team it was called Brighton & Hove Albion. Once a fortnight other teams with strange names from up north would come and get thrashed or not, at the stadium where you spent your pocket money to get in and watch real football played.
When you played in the school team your ambition was to play for Brighton Boys (whatever happened to them) very few were good enough. You couldn't buy replica shirts or though strangely you can now. If you were lucky your Mum would unpick something to knit you a Blue and White scarf. Although you were aware that other teams in the country were in different divisions, Third Division South was the premiership as far as you were concerned and the result of Saturdays match decided your mood for the week. It still does.
So for fifty odd years, chicken run, west stand STH or whatever shithole we happen to be playing in, when asked anywhere in the world by kids, adults the famous and the infamous the answer to what football team do you support has been and always will be Brighton and Hove Albion with pride!

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Yes I am proud. I think sometimes in adversity it makes me more proud. Taking over 2,000 to MK on Saturday is what makes real fans. Anyone can support a team when they are doing well, it is times like this where fans show their true colours.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will always be a Brighton fan, but am i proud...no.

There really is not much to be proud of at the moment. It's been a long time since the team have deserved the " We're proud of you chant" isn't it, in fact I doubt any of the current regulars have ever had it sung to them?

Alby

Jan 4, 2005
West Sussex
Been through so many highs and Lows over the past 38 years supporting the Albion and things have been far worse than this. No matter how we have done through all the years i am proud to be a Seagull .Brighton til i Die.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
yes i am. here's why:

0,,10433%7E5710767,00.jpg

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I feel sorry for people who don't support their local team.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Always. This is my 40th season following Brighton. In that time I've seen 7 promotions and 7 relegations (with an 8th coming any moment now).

Keeps life interesting. Imagine what it must be like for a Rochdale fan who went to their first game at the same time as me (October '69) - over all those years, you'd still be waiting to see your team promoted for the first time.

Dover

Home at Last.
Oct 5, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Yes, and have worn various items of Albion based clothing in and around Dover, where I have been spending an awful lot of my time latley.

There may come a point where I may have to go part time for a while, and trust me on this, even though this is the worst season I have followed the Albion, this is home and it's where my heart is.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I can still wear my Albion shirt with pride it's just a shame that a lot of our current crop of players dont appear to feel the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here