Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with your job?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Following a response i made on another thread and various others over the last few days it seem a lot of people genuinely do no like what they do.
Obviously doing it for the money. I've been there in the past, earning good money granted but hated it.
Stressful, always at the end of a phone, big bosses phoning all hours any day of the week, long travel, dreading Mondays morning, always looking to the weekend.

As a result family suffered because of me not being there, from 6-12 month i only saw my eldest at weekends because work was so far away and them all recognising i weren't the person they used to know as i was more "stressy" etc.

As we all know we spend a very high percentage of our lives working so realised it need to be something I actually like doing.

Two years i made the step to change to something i actually liked doing (went self employed) and now i do not fear Monday morning and my life is a lot better and my family actually like me more as a result.

My point is,do all on here enjoy what they do, or tolerate it, or hate what they do?

Jan 30, 2008
Following a response i made on another thread and various others over the last few days it seem a lot of people genuinely do no like what they do.
Obviously doing it for the money. I've been there in the past, earning good money granted but hated it.
Stressful, always at the end of a phone, big bosses phoning all hours any day of the week, long travel, dreading Mondays morning, always looking to the weekend.

As a result family suffered because of me not being there, from 6-12 month i only saw my eldest at weekends because work was so far away and them all recognising i weren't the person they used to know as i was more "stressy" etc.

As we all know we spend a very high percentage of our lives working so realised it need to be something I actually like doing.

Two years i made the step to change to something i actually liked doing (went self employed) and now i do not fear Monday morning and my life is a lot better and my family actually like me more as a result.

My point is,do all on here enjoy what they do, or tolerate it, or hate what they do?
so you took it out on your family :nono:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You clearly made the right move.

Many have a Sunday evening feeling (akin to children dreading school), because they are going to face a cock the next day: a scheming employer using the economic downturn to treat employees like shit.

More should make your move, even if i means downsizing re house, car, holidays etc.

Happiness comes first.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
Love my job working teaching 4 year olds. They are fun, honest and every day is different. Negative is the dreadful salary I receive. On the flip is that I did work at a solicitors where salary is better but that was bitchy, dishonest and every day was dull so I went for being poor and happy!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Happy enough with my job.
It's just unfortunate I work with a small vocal minority who are w@nkers.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Totally indifferent to my job now as really looking towards the end game and retirement in around 5 odd years or so.

The job itself is not really that stressful it is more managing the endless different managers I have to endure - 5 in one year in 2011 a record for me. I think the pay and perks are very good which ensures we have plenty of good family holidays so I would suppose everything is OK and in effect I am my own manager to certain extent and work one day a week at home and have decided I cannot endure a potential slow rail journey so will WFH tomorrow.

I think one of the strangest things these days at work is the expectation of the younger people, they seem to just do a job for a year maximum then expect to do something else so never really ever commit themselves - I suspect employees may find this quite a challenge in future years.

Perhaps the biggest fear is redundancy although I understand as a company we need more staff so that appears unlikely as well, mid you we are lucky being in the South as there are a lot more opportunities than in the North or Midlands.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
tough one started my own taxi business about 6 years ago duu to injury to back maybe not the smartest thing i know wot with sitting all day ,but i am my own boss something i never thought i could achieve. no more sunday blues or throwing a sickie cause u need a break from stressfull boss etc . however new stress with no work no money worried about car beaking down all the time rising fuel costs snow on roads etc . but weighing it all up just about happy go on holiday when i want and answerable to no one [apart from wife]

bassking

Mar 18, 2011
The Dollar Store
Another week i might have a different answer ,but this week is my 10 year service week,and my boss said when my season ticket renewal comes about he will pay it for me for the next season, so all good at moment.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
This time last year I got kicked out/left college with nothing, including D-G grades after my exams. I was then sitting around on my arse for a few months before I started claiming JSA. While I was on JSA I started doing voluntary work which then lead to me getting a full time apprenticeship ( 30 hours a week, earning £82.50 ). I'm still currently doing the apprenticeship which I do enjoy, some days. Last week I got myself another job. I'm now working as a part time youth worker two days a week after I finish my normal job. Oh, I also do volunteer football coaching 1 night a week.

Now, at the age of 18 I currently have two jobs while volunteer coaching 1 night a week and also organising a jobs fair in Brighton for 16-25 year olds. Personally, I'm proud of myself and where I've come from with nothing to be in the position I am now.

That's my shitty story :thumbsup: :lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'm contented enough to be honest.

This week is my last in my current position after just over 2 and a half years, then I have two weeks of holiday before coming back to a new position with the same company which is a promotion, better paid (obviously) and closer to home which of course equals easier, quicker and cheaper travel.

All in all, things could be a lot worse.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
I had what is a bit of a dream job but spent a lot of time away. Changed jobs and only travel when it suits me. But money's is not as good but my life is mine.

oldalbiongirl

Jun 25, 2011
This time last year I got kicked out/left college with nothing, including D-G grades after my exams. I was then sitting around on my arse for a few months before I started claiming JSA. While I was on JSA I started doing voluntary work which then lead to me getting a full time apprenticeship ( 30 hours a week, earning £82.50 ). I'm still currently doing the apprenticeship which I do enjoy, some days. Last week I got myself another job. I'm now working as a part time youth worker two days a week after I finish my normal job. Oh, I also do volunteer football coaching 1 night a week.

Now, at the age of 18 I currently have two jobs while volunteer coaching 1 night a week and also organising a jobs fair in Brighton for 16-25 year olds. Personally, I'm proud of myself and where I've come from with nothing to be in the position I am now.

That's my shitty story :thumbsup: :lolol:

Wow you are doing a lot of good for someone so young. Well done. Its all great for your cv as you get older and you are making a difference to people. Give yourself a pat on the back!

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Wow you are doing a lot of good for someone so young. Well done. Its all great for your cv as you get older and you are making a difference to people. Give yourself a pat on the back!

Thankyou! I'm trying my best. I'm trying to get across to people that yes it is good to get good grades, go college, uni etc BUT like me, you can get places if you really want too when you don't have anything decent ( grades wise ).

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
put it this way, if I don't drink on a Sunday, I can't sleep. hate my job and have fallen out with bosses, Monday's are awful.

HOFNSKIN

Feb 12, 2012
Been at constant war with nasty management for 54 months now.Have mentally turned it round that my colleagues and myself now stay the course soley to piss them off.

Not good for mental health though.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I am a teacher and I love it because i get to leave work at three o clock everyday and get loads of holidays and extra days off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here