Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you happy with your bonus this year?

happy with year end bonus?

• Yes

Votes: 15 39.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 60.5%

• Total voters

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
dwayne said:
???

It's an interesting time around here, despite all the hype, bonuses are not quite as high as the press frenzy suggested a few weeks ago

Found out this morning and it's f***ing huge! I'm having two weeks in a villa in Italy on it next year thank you very much.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Re: Re: Are you happy with your bonus this year?

Lokki 7 said:
They never are funnily enough. Most traders I know are moaning for effect but I think the pot was bigger than usual this year.

It is a traders perogative to moan about the size of their bonus, it wouldn't be right if they didn't. They've just got to make sure they bank it safely before leaving:D

A lot depends on the bank, I suppose. Goldman Sachs give the PA's - 30% for gods sake!! - where as the second tier bank I've just moved to will be far more stingy with the Front, back and middle office staff

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There was an article in page 5 of the Times two weeks ago that suggested Goldman Sachs (where I am contracting) have a WARCHEST of 11 billion*. If they split that between all employees, it would work out as 440k each. As usual though, less than 0.5% of the workforce will see any of the real money - but nonetheless there would be mutiny here if bonuses weren't satifactory given recent performance.

Obviously I'm self employed, but my bonus is another year's extension - that'll do me. :smokin:

*Either USD or GBP - can't remember which

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Re: Re: Are you happy with your bonus this year?

Lokki 7 said:
They never are funnily enough. Most traders I know are moaning for effect but I think the pot was bigger than usual this year.

That's interesting to know - I think we will find out our numbers today. Not holding my breath, guess it will be similar to recent years.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
My company is due to float soon so they are keeping all there money to make the books look good, better bloody come good when they go to market for us though!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Are you happy with your bonus this year?

Tricky Dicky said:
That's interesting to know - I think we will find out our numbers today. Not holding my breath, guess it will be similar to recent years.

Good luck. I'm out tonight with a Morgan Stanley sales trader who finds out today. Could be a big celebration or a drown your sorrows evening. Either way :drink:

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: £500 and a decent chineese followed by lots of drinking, all paid for :drink: :drink:

tedebear

Legal Alien
NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Re: Re: Re: Re: Are you happy with your bonus this year?

Lokki 7 said:
Good luck. I'm out tonight with a Morgan Stanley sales trader who finds out today. Could be a big celebration or a drown your sorrows evening. Either way :drink:

We had a couple of years where the bar next to the office in CW was pre booked and champagne flowed like water - we also had a few years where people banked bonuses and ran - I'd say this year will be similar if not the same as last - middle of the road....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here