Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are you going to pay £14.95 to watch us vs WBA?

Are you going to pay £14.95 PPV to watch us play WBA?

• Yes

Votes: 41 12.5%
  • No

Votes: 261 79.3%
  • Maybe

Votes: 27 8.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's an awful lot of different issues in play here and it seems you can easily make this decision fit whatever stance you want to take.

That said i do draw the line at posters having any reaction beyond :shrug: to a financial shakedown from The EPL and subscription TV.

I thought you were better than that.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I have repeatedly asked for clarity if I have misunderstood. Nothing.

Then this. Weird, and bitter :shrug:

Weird and bitter? Ok, that’s clearly just a churlish retort so I’ll ignore that.

The reason I called out your post was because you waited until the 4th post to start laying into people, “what the actual **** are people complaining about” were your words. Well, by the time you’d started pontificating nobody had actually had the chance to reply with their views. Seemingly you may have overlooked that some people aren’t flush with money at the moment, some people have lost their jobs and every penny counts currently, I’m delighted that clearly you have no such worries. I’m assuming that you instinctively decided that everyone that voted NO is doing so because they are, in your opinion, moaners. That may well be the case is some circumstances, but there’s a much bigger picture which clearly doesn’t effect you.
Apologies it’s taken me a couple of hours to clarify, I do have other things to get on with other than posting on here.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Life is pretty shit at the mo and getting no better. £15 for a bit of escapism and FOMO avoidance means I will shell out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Weird and bitter? Ok, that’s clearly just a churlish retort so I’ll ignore that.

The reason I called out your post was because you waited until the 4th post to start laying into people, “what the actual **** are people complaining about” were your words. Well, by the time you’d started pontificating nobody had actually had the chance to reply with their views. Seemingly you may have overlooked that some people aren’t flush with money at the moment, some people have lost their jobs and every penny counts currently, I’m delighted that clearly you have no such worries. I’m assuming that you instinctively decided that everyone that voted NO is doing so because they are, in your opinion, moaners. That may well be the case is some circumstances, but there’s a much bigger picture which clearly doesn’t effect you.
Apologies it’s taken me a couple of hours to clarify, I do have other things to get on with other than posting on here.

Sorry you're too busy to link your original critique of me with the original post that annoyed you. I'm not clairvoyant. This is not the first time you have dug me out recently. I think you're allowing antipathy to influence your reading of my posts. :shrug:

Good to see the outcome of this poll, I’m sceptical the club will listen but at least we can all stop being gaslighted - this is a load of shit and 80 per cent - the vast majority - know it

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Brighton could've voted with Leicester.

Although 2 to 18 wouldn't have swung it, obviously.

Yeah but they didn’t - and quite clearly based on the comments, the club do actually back it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Sorry you're too busy to link your original critique of me with the original post that annoyed you. I'm not clairvoyant. This is not the first time you have dug me out recently. I think you're allowing antipathy to influence your reading of my posts. :shrug:

I’m sorry, I usually like your posts, but I agree with DFP.
Just under 80% of the people who voted think similarly. It’s not even close.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

:lol: yes, you’re so special that you’re on my radar! Get over yourself, if I disagree with something I’ll reply to it, if I was that bothered by your ramblings I would have surely picked up on more than 2 things that you’ve posted.
Also, why do I need to link to the original point that you made, I quoted it in my first reply?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
The £15 thing has deflected from the fact that 5.30pm on a Monday is an absolutely ridiculous time for a game of football.

I never thought I'd see the day when The Albion would clash with an episode of Neighbours

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

This is getting a bit overlooked in the indignation. 1730 on a Monday is hardly primetime.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Brighton could've voted with Leicester.

Although 2 to 18 wouldn't have swung it, obviously.

I might be paying Leicester a massive disservice in doing what they did but I assume they will still be receiving money without the hassle of people complaining?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
:lol: yes, you’re so special that you’re on my radar! Get over yourself, if I disagree with something I’ll reply to it, if I was that bothered by your ramblings I would have surely picked up on more than 2 things that you’ve posted.
Also, why do I need to link to the original point that you made, I quoted it in my first reply?

Ramblings??? OK. Happy you're not that bothered by them. :shrug:

I think something's been lost in translation here. Oh well. Never mind.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have to say, this isn’t one of your better posts, not much thought has gone into, has it? But it has provided a nice platform for you to demonstrate your superfan status. Good job.

Though I'd check your 'first reply' again. Sorry old fruit, you have misunderstood something. Have a read of my post again. Plenty of people do, apparently, understand my point. As you have made other derogatory comments about my posts in general, it seems you have an agenda, so it's best I do the necessary :shrug:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Though I'd check your 'first reply' again. Sorry old fruit, you have misunderstood something. Have a read of my post again. Plenty of people do, apparently, understand my point. As you have made other derogatory comments about my posts in general, it seems you have an agenda, so it's best I do the necessary :shrug:

An agenda? Seriously? Grow up. I disagree with what you’ve said, that’ll happen from to time to time on here. I’ve explained why in reasonable detail. I’m glad people agree with your point, but people have also agreed with my initial post so it obviously has some validity. You’re clearly a very sensitive old soul so I’ll stop replying to you because you clearly seem to think I’m harassing you :lol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’m sorry, I usually like your posts, but I agree with DFP.
Just under 80% of the people who voted think similarly. It’s not even close.

If it is simply a matter of whether or not folk would like something free, or have to pay for it, I'd be surprised if only 80% voted for the free option.

I suspect the difference of opinion you and I appear to have is rooted in the slow or nonexistant reimbursement of people, like you and I, who have bought a season ticket, won't be able to attend even if allowed, and won't have the money to buy a televised game until they get their reimbursement. My view is this is more about the slow or nonexistentt reimbursement than the pay per view itself. If you could have your ST payment reimbursed in full tomorrow would you feel a bit less angry about the pay per view?

As for DFP, he made personal remarks in an uninvited reply that had nothing to do with the content of my post, and were based on his assessment of who I am. I gave him the chance to explain himself but he dug his heels and resorted to the old 'I'll say what I want' defence. This is not the first time. I refer to Ian Fleming's notes on happenstance for the nature of my conclusion. Always happy to argue the toss with people, even heatedly, but after a point one draws a line :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If it is simply a matter of whether or not folk would like something free, or have to pay for it, I'd be surprised if only 80% voted for the free option.

I suspect the difference of opinion you and I appear to have is rooted in the slow or nonexistant reimbursement of people, like you and I, who have bought a season ticket, won't be able to attend even if allowed, and won't have the money to buy a televised game until they get their reimbursement. My view is this is more about the slow or nonexistentt reimbursement than the pay per view itself. If you could have your ST payment reimbursed in full tomorrow would you feel a bit less angry about the pay per view?

As for DFP, he made personal remarks in an uninvited reply that had nothing to do with the content of my post, and were based on his assessment of who I am. I gave him the chance to explain himself but he dug his heels and resorted to the old 'I'll say what I want' defence. This is not the first time. I refer to Ian Fleming's notes on happenstance for the nature of my conclusion. Always happy to argue the toss with people, even heatedly, but after a point one draws a line :shrug:

All games are filmed, and the Albion have a production team. Why not have MyAlbion show the games for a fiver for STH and £10 for non STH.
Why does it have to go via Sky?

I’m probably being very naive but it just doesn’t sit right with me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here