Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you British or English?

• Total voters

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
used to be British, i see my self more as English since the other nations want to seek their own identity.

That sums up my view broadly too. I also consider myself southern English the more I've travelled and lived in the North as there really is a divide both in culture and understanding that is in my view quite significant. Eventually I'll probably call myself West Sussexish I'm sure!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
It usually depends who is asking, I'm English with a slice of British included.

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
In this order

Brighton

Sussex

England

Great Britain

United Kingdom

Europe

Earth

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would be more inclined to be British, if the UK was a hell of a lot more united.

As it is I don't see why I should encompass Scotchland, Whales, Eyerland, and Yourksheer, when most of them have no intention of affiliating with England.

7oaksgull

Jan 3, 2010
Sevenoaks, Kent
Ryder Cup: European
Olympics: British
International football: English
Domestic cricket: Sussex
Domestic football: Brighton
Home: West Stand Brighton boy
Away: Left Side Brighton boy/ Right Side Brighton boy

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do French people refer to themselves as European first? Do Americans refer to themselves as North American?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I'm British because of an English father and a Welsh mother. As regards other countries, I was once told by a group of young people in Germany that they were Bavarian and not German.

Brightonia

Dec 7, 2012
Sussex by the sea
There is also no such Nationalty as British !
You cannot answer the question
"What is your Nationalty" ? With the answer British as it incorporates Northern Ireland ,
Scotland and Wales !
We are all British subjects if born within these countries
But your National identity is the actual country you were born in
IMHO !!!

I was born in Northern Ireland but raised all my life in England with English parents I don't consider myself Irish at all, English or British for me!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I am English, just as the Scots are Scottish and the Welsh are Welsh. What those fools in Northern Ireland call themselves is a good question ... I would guess if they're Unionists they won't refer to themselves as Irish!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am English, just as the Scots are Scottish and the Welsh are Welsh. What those fools in Northern Ireland call themselves is a good question ... I would guess if they're Unionists they won't refer to themselves as Irish!

Ulstermen.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I was born in Northern Ireland but raised all my life in England with English parents I don't consider myself Irish at all, English or British for me!

Ireland is in the Southern part of the Island.
Northern Ireland shouldn't be called Northern Ireland its should be called Ulster or Ulsterland or some other name again IMHO as it is bugger all to do with Ireland !!!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
English , why would anyone want to be associated with the Scots and Welsh ?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ireland is in the Southern part of the Island.
Northern Ireland shouldn't be called Northern Ireland its should be called Ulster or Ulsterland or some other name again IMHO as it is bugger all to do with Ireland !!!
just to warn you that any minute now lord bracknell will be along nodding sagely as he informs you that the province of ulster contains donegal which is in the republic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here