Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are You Bothered About Diana

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Wonder if the Egyptian shopkeeper ever thinks about the copious amounts of other men's porridge that his son was slopping around in? Do you think the other men that she shagged get together to swap memories about doing her over the back seat of the Range Rover? Or in Will Carling's case, in the boot. She certainly wasn't shy in chucking it around - she must have had a fanny like a wizard's sleeve.

OMG-you mean Harry's not Charlie's?:lolol:

scurrilous rumour ....can't imagine what would make you think such a thing.
Next you'll be suggesting she shagged his father in a tank :lolol:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Well sadly lots of kids lose a parent too young, sometimes far too young. As far as I was concerned this was no more or less important that any other.

My brother in law took flowers to Kensington Palace because "it felt like the right thing to do". Well that clarified the is-he-a-****-or-not question for me.

Superfreds Mullet

Where's Nogbad?
Mar 6, 2007
Walking on the Moon
I'm finding it very hard to be still interested and found that the reaction was over the top at the time.Don't get me wrong but it was a very sad occasion and a sad loss to the country. However 31st August 1997 brought back very personal memories.I had been in Worthing Hospital for a week undergoing chemotherapy prior to going to UCH in London for high dose chemotherapy,and I woke up very early on the morning of the 31st and despite the treatment I was going through was feeling happy and in a very buoyant mood as I was due to go home that sunday morning having completed that session of Chemo.My mood was destroyed by the nurses who broke the news of Diana's death hours after the crash completely knocking my fragile joy. I tried to escape the sombre mood by turning on the radio only to have repeat after repeat of the same news on all the news and music channels.Throughout the chemo treatment you to try and grasp any happy moments but this was taken away from me by this accident.So called friends were more interested in this public figure they did not personally know than encouraging my recovery when even though you try to remain positive personal support is still required to keep your mood up. As it turned out I saw all the flowers in London as I passed the palaces on the way to UCH for my 6 week stay undergoing further chemo treatment. 10 years on life goes on.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
The media luvvies need her so badly. Something to write/drone about.
We must feel sorry for them having to pay off their mortgages for over-priced flats in Londonopolis.
Iconoclastic punk and Hove resident, Julie Birchell, seems to believe she was both a goddess and one with the "common people".

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
The media luvvies need her so badly. Something to write/drone about.
We must feel sorry for them having to pay off their mortgages for over-priced flats in Londonopolis.
Iconoclastic punk and Hove resident, Julie Birchell, seems to believe she was both a goddess and one with the "common people".

I wouldn't trust Julie Birchill's opinion if she told me that my arse pointed downwards. Bandwagon jumping part-time dyke. I think I would trust Marina Pepper's opinion more than Birchill's.

The media never really found someone to replace Diana, did they?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
No, not really.

I find the worship a little bit strange to be honest.

I went for a walk around Buckingham palace when all the flowers were there a few days after she died. Very surreal experience, what I remember more than anything was the intense smell of rotting flowers in the air. Quite hard to explain unless you were there, but they were thousands and thousands of bunches of flowers.

.. and the most bizarre things left as tributes. Models of ET, that kind of thing.

Trotster

Jul 9, 2003
Threshers
TO be honest, couldnt give rats arse - there are far mopre people worthy of rememrance than her and would rather remember them...

birchill thinks that poor little chavs and groups like the southwick wankers or whatever they call themselves are poor little persecuted working class heros. she a f***ing loon with aone of the most annoying voices I've ever heard on an adult and the sooner she pops off to join diana the better.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The damn papers are still full of it this morning, and the telly, and the radio. AAARGH!!!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
TO be honest, couldnt give rats arse - there are far mopre people worthy of rememrance than her and would rather remember them...

Spot On! Like Mother Teresa(spl) who died about a day after Diana did. How many people are still paying tributes now?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Anyway - that was yesterday. We can forget about the psycho, bulimic, manipulative whore for the next ten years.

It's Saturday. Football is far more important than dead ex-Princesses that chewed Mercedes radiators in Paris tunnels.

I care.

The only person in the Royal Family who I found redeeming. Could I care when she first married Princetwat Charlestwat? Not one whit. But - she USED her new profile, once she got used to the way things were in royaldom, to do worthwhile things, help people, and she displayed a LOT of care for people in distress.

Ignore that, and I'd have to ask what makes ANY celebrity worthy of ANY interest in society.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Was never a fan of hers when she was alive, so I was certainly never going to change my tune when she was dead.

It's funny, given that Mother Teresa died the same year, and did far more for charitable causes and the less privileged than Diana ever did (and never sought publicity or attention for it), I don't see anyone organising a memorial for the saintly nun's life, nor the BBC devoting a day's programming to covering it.

All those people queuing up outside Kensington Palace today, to place yet more flowers and home-made posters on the fence: I can only conclude they are comprised of the entire readership of the Daily Express, as nobody else I know is remotely interested. Probably still pushing their ludicrous conspiracy theories too.

Mother Theresa never sought publicity or attention? Really? Why is it then that her mission got all the money and fame and the others in India didn't? She seemed happy accepting accolade after accolade too. Not exactly shy nor retiring.

Charitable? Her home for the dying was described by other workers there as resembling Belsen. With medical treatment described as at basicat best.

Worked for the less privileged? This friend of mass murderer, Baby Doc Duvalier, enforced strict, strict rules and insisted on converting those she cared for into the Roman Catholic faith. Rumours of beatings, people being turned away. Woe betide anyone who thought she might actually just treat them because of some belief that because she was a devout Catholic that her altruism might spread to following the words of the bible and treating people irrespective of their beliefs.

She was nothing more than a 17th century western religious coloniser who showed her patients the absolute bare minimum of care and attention. Let's not wax lyrical about this Opus Dei pin-up girl, eh?

Mother Theresa never sought publicity or attention? Really? Why is it then that her mission got all the money and fame and the others in India didn't? She seemed happy accepting accolade after accolade too. Not exactly shy nor retiring.

Charitable? Her home for the dying was described by other workers there as resembling Belsen. With medical treatment described as at basicat best.

Worked for the less privileged? This friend of mass murderer, Baby Doc Duvalier, enforced strict, strict rules and insisted on converting those she cared for into the Roman Catholic faith. Rumours of beatings, people being turned away. Woe betide anyone who thought she might actually just treat them because of some belief that because she was a devout Catholic that her altruism might spread to following the words of the bible and treating people irrespective of their beliefs.

She was nothing more than a 17th century western religious coloniser who showed her patients the absolute bare minimum of care and attention. Let's not wax lyrical about this Opus Dei pin-up girl, eh?

And don't forget the wizzened old neo-facist crone spent the last 40 years of her life doubting the existance of the very god she was forcing the poor of India to worship, as evidenced by the letters of hers which were published last week.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
And don't forget the wizzened old neo-facist crone spent the last 40 years of her life doubting the existance of the very god she was forcing the poor of India to worship, as evidenced by the letters of hers which were published last week.

I did not know that. That might put the blockers on her getting sainted in the foreseeable future. There was talk that she could be canonised even quicker than Josemaria Escriva who (I think) was the quickest ever canonisation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here