Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Mad that if we hadn't beaten Spurs and Liverpool we'd be in the relegation zone. But we did and its partof our rise in form that doesn't feel temporary.

Anyway, law of narrative demands a relegation battle, so here we are.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Monday night is massive for us, win and I think Fulham have too much to do to overtake us. Follow victory with another win against West Brom and we can genuinely start looking upwards as we're pretty much safe.

If we lose both games things will be looking grim again.

We won't get 6 points from Palace and WBA. Maybe 4, more likely 2. Despite our pretty football we are knee deep in the relegation battle and, if we get 2 points or less from those games, we will be up to our snouts.

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
We are not out of the woods yet. We may not go down, although that is not yet certain, but we could still finish in a lowly 16th or 17th if we don’t keep it up
That would not be acceptable to most of us.

What do you know about "most"?

I think plenty of people would be happy(or at least finding it "acceptable") with just staying up considering it was looking quite gloomy just six weeks ago.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Staying up in this strange , unpredictable covid season would be completely acceptable to me.

Given the ongoing turnover throughout the club in terms of building the squad, letting more established players go (Shane, Dale, Glenn, Matty, Montoya, Bernardo, Locadia), further evolution of our style, blooding new young talent (White, Sanchez, and to a lesser extent Lamptey who was introduced end of last season), reinvention of players (Solly and LWB and Gross as playmaker) there’s been huge strides on and off the pitch.

It feels like our defensive line up has turned a huge corner and I expect us to break more club records in the near future as well.

Staying up is imperative. We’ll be very well placed for next season to be an exciting one.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We can’t keep replying on teams having their “worst performance of the season” against the Albion for our points:wink:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We won't get 6 points from Palace and WBA. Maybe 4, more likely 2. Despite our pretty football we are knee deep in the relegation battle and, if we get 2 points or less from those games, we will be up to our snouts.

Well we might but even if not Two draws takes us to 28 points. Leaving us to find 2 wins and a draw or 2 from 12 to get to 36.

Not out of it by any matter but hardly “knee deep” or “up to our snouts” .

We’re actually - let’s face it - in the best position (just) we’ve ever been in , since getting promoted and our chances of getting relegated are remote . 20-1 + if you fancy it.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
We are not out of the woods yet. We may not go down, although that is not yet certain, but we could still finish in a lowly 16th or 17th if we don’t keep it up
That would not be acceptable to most of us.

If we “kept it up” - ie our recent form (last 6) - we’d finish on 54 points or thereabouts.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not getting too carries away (I hope) but must admit that at the beginning of each round of games my first thought is "which teams can we catch or overtake if we win and results go our way"?
Still keeping an eye on what's going on behind us though; can't see WBA or Sheffield United catching us - but I'll still only be happier when they mathematically can't catch us.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Yes.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
As the person who started this thread, can I just say, at this point, I feel like a total mug

Maybe i'll have a little belief in the morning.

Still feel sick

Win ... not a draw .. needed at WBA

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Can't believe I'm saying this after that absolute mugging but I'll be hoping Palace destroy Fulham on the weekend. They have a very tough run of fixtures after that.

I think we'll need to rely on a combination of the bottom 3 being very poor and us scraping 10-12 points to survive now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here