Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Are we still worrying about WBA, Sheff Utd and Fulham's results?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Oddly, it’s generally the bookies that soothe my pessimistic brow. They’re the professionals, while I’ve far too much invested in the team and can’t look at it objectively.

I will always be slightly concerned until the maths says otherwise but if the bookies feel we’ve got it covered, I’m happy to trust them on this.

This.

The bookies look at it with a cold, dispassionate eye. They use algorithms, logic, and complex analytical data protocols. We use innate paranoia, inbuilt pessimism, and lucky underpants.

As my dad always said - you never see a bookie on a bike.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
People need to factor in Covid and the lockdown more than they are doing.

There are plenty of external reasons for people to be feeling down, so if you combine that with a loss of form and a string of bad results it can be a difficult rut to get out of.

Liverpool are testament to this. Klopp is not his normal self since his mother died, his team have been underperforming - they will be lucky to finish in the Top 4. Southampton have fallen off a cliff, losing their last 6 including that 9-0 against Man Utd.

Weird shit is going on.

Lack of fans is also having a massive impact too, I reckon.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
Will always look agonisingly down and calculate every possible scenario for every lower clubs game..................... until we are safe

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I wouldn't mind betting that if you went to the forums of WBA, FFC, SU that they all talk desperately/hopefully about catching Newcastle and Burnley. I bet we barely feature in the discussion anymore.

There's a reason for that - we are too good.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Just keep putting points on the board and we'll be fine. We'd have to have a shocking end to the season not to make 35+ points and anything over that is a really tough ask for Fulham, WBA, or Sheff.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Last 8 games form table.

brighton.png

Nameless

Jul 7, 2020
I wouldn't mind betting that if you went to the forums of WBA, FFC, SU that they all talk desperately/hopefully about catching Newcastle and Burnley. I bet we barely feature in the discussion anymore.

There's a reason for that - we are too good.

I think Burnley are too good and only gonna keep climbing. If Fulham, WBA or SU are gonna catch anyone it'll be Newcastle or the loser of us and Palace next week or slightly more unlikely Southampton if they continue this epic downfall.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think Burnley are too good and only gonna keep climbing. If Fulham, WBA or SU are gonna catch anyone it'll be Newcastle or the loser of us and Palace next week or slightly more unlikely Southampton if they continue this epic downfall.
I totally agree, Burnley are broadly similar to us. However, Fulham still have to play them twice and that is the reason they will feature in that discussion. Anyway we will hammer the caravan club next week and remove all doubt.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Just need to get the points ourselves. Whilst at the moment I am keeping a respectful eye over my shoulder, particularly at Fulham's results, this is our moment to finally push on from the base we have built over the last 6 games. A win over them on Monday could catapult us to 13th and we can start to cast our gaze further up the table.

Real shame that we found Martinez in such fine form on Saturday as just for once I did not think we were that wasteful in front of goal.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
This.

The bookies look at it with a cold, dispassionate eye. They use algorithms, logic, and complex analytical data protocols. We use innate paranoia, inbuilt pessimism, and lucky underpants.

As my dad always said - you never see a bookie on a bike.

I’m not sure the bookies use any of those things. It is a market and as such is driven by weight of money. If the odds are saying we are unlikely to go down it just means punters are not backing this possibility.

It was a very good Fulham win last night as Everton were woeful. Didn't we dominate against Fulham and nearly lost it with a few seconds to go? My point is we dominated the same Fulham who dominated at Everton. They could survive and have given themselves a chance but not at our expense. I would be more worried if I was in Newcastle palace and possibly Southampton's shoes at present.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
After all the comments about Fulham I was expecting them to be one of the top few teams !

Looking at last 8 games does them no justice. On last 6, they're upper mid-table after last night's result. But if you look at last 6, we're 3rd.

Anyway: on current form, I'd say we're looking up the table, not down. There's teams around us on the table who're struggling to put points on the board, while we've been looking very solid.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
I’m not sure the bookies use any of those things. It is a market and as such is driven by weight of money. If the odds are saying we are unlikely to go down it just means punters are not backing this possibility.
Must be really easy to make money out of betting on sport then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here