Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Without a consistant goal scorer, we have no chance

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
I think if were in the top 10 by January, Bloom will back Poyet sufficiently to make sure we make it to the play offs at least.

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
It's the start of a new season surely tis the time for blind optimism?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Brezovan - good keeper, very commanding of his area
Calderon - possibly the best right back in the league
Elphick - good with his head and has reduced his errors
Greer - good in the air and on the floor, superb leader
Painter - possibly the best left back in the league
Bennett - extremely creative and scores goals
Sparrow - a better version of crofts
Dicker - incredibly creative and can sit deep and keep play moving
Kishichev - quality on and off the ball
Barnes - 4 in 7 at the end of last year
Murray - bags of potential and capable of scoring every game

Subs
Poke - 20 clean sheets last year
El-Abd - our best defender
Whing - decent right back who would probably play in most other league 1 sides
Navarro - dramatically improved under Poyet
Baz - looked exciting during pre-season, I hope he gets a good chance in the side
Battipiedi - Hopefully a superb signing
Holroyd - He has pace

Add into that the possibility of LuaLua and another Striker and the squad looks exciting, potentially League winners

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
play offs and then it's a lottery from there - the optimistic in me is screaming yes and it's the fairytale Championship football from there on in

the realistic , normal part of me reckons the press and our fanbase have built us up for a fall and even if we did get to the play offs we'll cock it up at the semis

I'm going with the optimism at the start of the season but ask me again in a month and I reckon realism would've kicked in by then

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
It's a shame that Gus has failed to land a few of his key targets. It would be interesting to know who he lost out on. Saying that hopefully Murray will stop being a f***ing idiot this season and shoot us into the top 6 but I'm not holding my breath. A new striker must be a top target by the end of August.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
My lord I can't believe how negative some people are being in this thread. To say that we have no chance is frankly ridiculous. I agree with perkino's summary on this one. With the current squad
playoffs are CLEARLY doable and with a couple of additions, which WE KNOW gus is going to make, automatic could be a real possibility.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
As a neutral, I've said no, not to say you can't go up but I immediately think 3 teams have much better squads than yours - Southampton, Huddersfield and Sheff Wed. Peterbrough should score goals and may do well. I think you're in that tranche of clubs that could make the play offs and then who knows...

For the record I think polls in any instance:- newspaper, here, on tele, should ALWAYS have the word 'Will' or 'Are' rather than 'Can'. 'Can' is pointless as the answer is almost always YES.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I don't think we'll be promoted automatically, but the from of the second half of last season (6th) is a good pointer. We did a very similar thing under Adams and won Div 2 the following year. I think we'll be in the top 8, but how near the top depends on who we sign in the next few weeks. Striker (x1-2) and a left winger could be enough with loanees for cover if the likes of Painter get injured.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Kuipers,
Watson,
Cullip,
Morgan,
Mayo,
Carpenter,
Oatway,
Hart,
Brooker,
Jones,
Steele,
Zamora.

We did it with this team last time, bar Zamora I'd say we have improved, unfortunately so has eveyone else!

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
Kuipers,
Watson,
Cullip,
Morgan,
Mayo,
Carpenter,
Oatway,
Hart,
Brooker,
Jones,
Steele,
Zamora.

We did it with this team last time, bar Zamora I'd say we have improved, unfortunately so has eveyone else!

Sorry to be picky, but that was the time before last.
Cardiff with Iwelumo, Knight et al was the last time

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Where’s the ‘fence’ option? I went for no even though I think we’ll be in with a good chance. There are a few decent teams to compete with, but if everything clicks then e will be there or thereabouts. I’d rather say no and be pleasantly surprised than the alternative...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here