Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Are we blaming the right person?"

"Are we blaming the right person?" (Harty's question on SCR)

• Total voters

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rookie I would suggest that if you read nobody's dupe other posts it is quite obvious that he/she is either employed by or very close to the club or influential people within the club. I do not know who he/she is and have formed this opinion by reading the posts, so I may be miles out.

Last edited:

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Lord Bracknell is right poor performance is due to poor quality players. However who puts those players on the pitch. YOu could say Adams, and he certainly decides the tactics, but its Knight inept performance in the transfer market that leaves us so short at the moment, so I plumped for Knight in the poll/ Give Mickey some funds and he will come up trumps I am sure.

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
Lord Bracknell is right poor performance is due to poor quality players. However who puts those players on the pitch. YOu could say Adams, and he certainly decides the tactics, but its Knight inept performance in the transfer market that leaves us so short at the moment, so I plumped for Knight in the poll/ Give Mickey some funds and he will come up trumps I am sure.

i can hear it now,one "difficult" question from the BBC SCR man and it will be. it was PETERBOROUGH UNITED ,PETERBOROUGH UNITED WE WERE PLAYING, not eastbourne united.

adams is a joke and about as much use to us as jimmy case was.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
That it's all Barry Lloyd's fault for spotting a left back. Right.

If he has influence over signings, and him and the manager are pulling in different directions then that is not ideal, but does Barry Lloyd have any involvement on the training ground, does he have any say in team selections and tactics? If the answer to these questions is no, then it's not his fault that we are in the position we are.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
That it's all Barry Lloyd's fault for spotting a left back. Right.

If he has influence over signings, and him and the manager are pulling in different directions then that is not ideal, but does Barry Lloyd have any involvement on the training ground, does he have any say in team selections and tactics? If the answer to these questions is no, then it's not his fault that we are in the position we are.

I'm not talking about specifically in response to the thread question.

I meant taking more of a general note of what he is saying.

Of course Wilkins deserves credit. That doesn't mean he would have been capable of keeping us up after a promotion into the Championship.

Crossing the bridge when coming to it, is how most managers look at that.
A few players would stay and make the grade, and if Forest can keep playing Lynch (who was dubious in his claim to be called a defender, with us), then I'd say a couple of the other Wilkins youth-teamers could grow for the task.

Anyway, it is 'revealing' from you Lordi, that you acknowledge the possibility of Dean taking us up.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
One could argue that some of the 'Wilkins Generation' haven't progressed this season (although Sullivan and Elphick have been two of the players of the season so far) but, if that is MA and DK's view, the lack of replacements is worrying.

Indeed so far this season of the MA signings I would argue only Virgo has really worked (granted Livermore has largely been injured).

I personally suspect (and I have no inner knowledge of the working of the club so it is only a view) that there is a clear lack of leadership at the top of the clubs when it comes to signings.

Correctly Martin Perry has been allowed to focus on Falmer but I do question what his replacement Ken Brown actually does and Barry Lloyd doesn't seem to have found any players this season (that have been acted on at least).

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
An Adams fan, I've had to, reluctantly, tick the Adams box.

Ok, he may well be hampered by behing the scenes things that most of us are not aware of but I've seen a fair few managers in my time and most of them have had to work under constraints.

Look at the likes of Saward, Goodwin or Brady, they all had no money and poor players yet inspired coached and worked with what they had. they had tactical awareness and also managed to find gems to help build their teams.

Adams was left with a good squad that just needed a few additions. Watching the team play you can see no tactics apart from hoof ball, you see no tactical changes as in sussing out the strenghs & weaknesses of the opposition, you see no leadership on or off the pitch......you see no sign of pulling things around.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Possibly one of the most retarded questions ever asked.

Who's fault is it that we play hoof ball? Adams.
Who's fault is it that we have a shit squad and use loan players to cover the cracks? Adams.
Who's fault is it that we have 1 win in 10 games? Adams.

Indeed. Hart's Adams myopia = am embarrasment

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Absolute rubbish. Completely and utterly the most ridiculously blind and crap thing posted on here in a long long time.

Does the MA denial know no bounds? It's more or less the same squad as last year. The problem is the style of football, it's who is playing in what position, it's who is playing alongside who, it's about the tactical substitutions. One thing it ain't is the actual personnel because the same team as this ended up 7th last year. So who's in charge of those things that are different? Ah yes, Micky.

f*** sake, LB. Are you really that blinkered not to see that?

Actually re-reading all your comments in this thread is VERY revealing. You're talking out your arse of course, but it's still very revealing.

Indeed. LB's Adams myopis = also an embarrasment..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Both... Adams is the manager and therefore must take responsibility for on-pitch failings... Knight needs to loosen the purse strings..

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Both... Adams is the manager and therefore must take responsibility for on-pitch failings... Knight needs to loosen the purse strings..
Adams has signed over a whole team's worth of players. What more do you want?

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
How on earth can some people be so stubborn in their defence of Adams?

Poor quality players? The same poor quality players who took us to seventh last season.

Ignore the fact one of the better ones is now playing on loan at Forest and there still should be enough to make us competitive with the RIGHT manager.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Thing is Wilkins did get some quite good loanees like Westlake and Racon so he knew where some of our failings were. Most of Adams loanees have in the main been non descript and signings like Hawkins and Mccloud well...

Now we will never know who he had in mind in the summer, I dont believe for one min that he would have completely relied on your youth product taking us forward.

Of course you may ask, but I won't tell you.

I repeat, " I know that he is not to blame."

You are 'somebody's' dupe then mate.
You cannot post that opinion as fact just because you bandy around as if you are inner-circle-in-the-know-etc.

Adams IS the manager, and the players are NOT winning matches.
Is no-one to blame? Or some obscure deflection of fact that you can make up to suit someone you are trying to defend?

If the team aren't playing as he wants them to, he is still the manager - and that means he has to get them doing what he requires of them.
His interviews have told a lot more than that too, like he didn't realise he'd have work to do from the start? And it took a couple of months before he decided he ought to get his finger out?
And all the false dawns, the intense training that was supposed to yield a transformed side?

We are brinking on relegation, and I cannot see many other different people around who 'might' be culpable for that.
Wood, is what trees are made of - quit trying to say that's NOT how it is because some people can see it with their own eyes.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I don't blame anyone because there is nothing to be blamed for. Knight? Don't make me laugh. He's just replaced one talented manager who the board couldn't work with with another talented manager. Adams is just doing what I, and a few others, knew he would have to - rip this squad apart and start again. I don't care how many times people bang on about finishing 7th last season. That squad was very reliant on loan players (Racon, O'Callaghan, Westlake) and players no longer with us (Bas, Hammond, Lynch). Ok, some of the current squad is the same as last season, but it's the SHIT bit. The ONLY championship standard player this club has produced in the last few years is Joel Lynch. All of the others, many of whom we are still burdened with, will NEVER be good enough for that level. It was all very well allowing them to contribute to a fraction of success in the third division, but Adams will end up with a side much better than that given time.

As long as we don't go down then I will deem this season a success, because it is a necessary period for us to go through pre-Falmer. Can anyone honestly say they wanted to turn up to the first game there and be watching El Abd, Robinson, Cox etc? Nothing against those players, but they're not championship level, 22,000 stadium filling players and they never will be. Ok we have to go through a bit of shit now, but if we end up with a team of quality players it'll be a lot better than sticking with Wilkins' mediocre kids.

Probably agree with you there, lets just hope Adams can fix it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here