Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Are we blaming the right person?"

"Are we blaming the right person?" (Harty's question on SCR)

• Total voters

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
It must be remembered that MA brought in White originally, I heard that John Byrne applied for the job but White was picked for whatever reason.
To bring us the best of local Sussex talent, well, that worked didn't it?... :thud:

He was never brought in for a role as taxing as assistant manager, a role he is not doing very well at in mine and many other peoples opinions...

Because too many people thought that Wilkins' boys were better than they are.

They must have played above themselves for the last man, then. ???

Clough won the European Cup with 'poor quality players' - which is why he's hailed as one of the greatest managers of all time.
So, manager credited for good results...... do you credit Wilkins in the same way for getting something out of improvers and oldies?

I do.

No. It was Wilkins' dream. DK realised ages ago that it isn't achievable if the Club wants to play at Championship level.

Getting much out of the youth he applied to the team after McGhee had left him little - he tried to get something from the board for those lads in return. Better that encouraged the local lads onward and upward, than spending out more on loanees, or outsiders with dubious capability to surpass the existing lads.

It's my view that Wilkins was naturally building on the foundation he had made in so much time at the club. His understanding of the job at hand in that regard, was better than his experience tactically - but experience comes with games, and in my view he was culpably learning and gradually getting results. You could see where we dropped a few easy points we might have been expected NOT to drop, but that credits Wilkins even more, that we were disappointed to have failed to get into the top 6.

Now though, we'll be over the friggin MOON if we escape relegation. :glare:

They must have played above themselves for the last man, then. ???

Clough won the European Cup with 'poor quality players' - which is why he's hailed as one of the greatest managers of all time.
So, manager credited for good results...... do you credit Wilkins in the same way for getting something out of improvers and oldies?

I do.
Of course Wilkins deserves credit. That doesn't mean he would have been capable of keeping us up after a promotion into the Championship.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The reason for our poor performances - more often than not - is ... poor quality players.

Absolute rubbish. Completely and utterly the most ridiculously blind and crap thing posted on here in a long long time.

Does the MA denial know no bounds? It's more or less the same squad as last year. The problem is the style of football, it's who is playing in what position, it's who is playing alongside who, it's about the tactical substitutions. One thing it ain't is the actual personnel because the same team as this ended up 7th last year. So who's in charge of those things that are different? Ah yes, Micky.

f*** sake, LB. Are you really that blinkered not to see that?

Actually re-reading all your comments in this thread is VERY revealing. You're talking out your arse of course, but it's still very revealing.

Last edited:

Absolute rubbish. Completely and utterly the most ridiculously blind and crap thing posted on here in a long long time.

Does the MA denial know no bounds? It's more or less the same squad as last year. The problem is the style of football, it's who is playing in what position, it's who is playing alongside who, it's about the tactical substitutions. One thing it ain't is the actual personnel because the same team as this ended up 7th last year. So who's in charge of those things that are different? Ah yes, Micky.

f*** sake, LB. Are you really that blinkered not to see that?

Actually re-reading all your comments in this thread is VERY revealing. You're talking out your arse of course, but it's still very revealing.

Revealing of what?

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I'll think that yoiu will find that Harty had this in mind when he asked the question that prompted this thread,

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Voice
There's a lot of crap on here about Lloyd's past with the Albion. If it wasn't for him the Goldstone would have been sold to developers years befoe it actually was. In his role as Chief Executive (at the same time as he was Manager) he told them where to go in no uncertain terms.

But that was in the past. Today he is surplus to requirements and a fly in the ointment. He was appointed to help Dean Wilkins find players. He has brought in one very good one and some absolute disasters. There's one Irish man who is extremely grateful to the club for giving him a six month paid holiday in Brighton. Another one shot back to Scotland at the first opportunity.

When Micky Adams first arrived at the Albion the club had a very able Chief Scout in Ken Craggs. Because Micky had his own way of securing players. Cragsy had to go. It wasn't because he was useless. Indeed he is now scouting for a Premiership club. He is with his old mate Brian Horton at Hull.

Single handed Adams went on to build a nucleus of players who contributed to two league titles on the bounce. It didn't happen instantly like a lot of people on this forum are demanding now. It happened over a period of time. The difference from then to now is he was given a free rein but now he is being severely hampered. Micky is that same man with the same capabilities. He must be given the chance to do it all over again.

Barry Lloyd thanks for your services. You are the weakest link. Goodbye.

Word has it that Adams has players in mind who he wants to sign and Lloyd has others. Also when MA told DK his priority was the midfield BL came up with a left back a few days later. Adams has both hands tied behind his back.

It would seem that at this club you will get your own way if you're in with the Bloom family.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Of course Wilkins deserves credit. That doesn't mean he would have been capable of keeping us up after a promotion into the Championship.

at least he was close to taking us to the championship - well, a lot closer than adams is likely to ever be

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
It would seem that at this club you will get your own way if you're in with the Bloom family.

hardly suprising is it? its there money, and they are going to trust someone they consider to be their own man to recommend who to spend it on

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Having seen what Adams has brought in so far would you trust him with your money? Hawkins, McLeod and most of the loans have been rubbish. That is why I think Adams is the person to blame at the moment DK cocked up at the beginning of the season but he must have honestly thought he was doing the correct thing

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
A pedant writes ...

That's three questions.

I wouldn't describe them as "retarded" questions, though. Retarded answers, maybe.

:)

I was referring to the question asked by Harty, but hey.

Besides, anyone who thinks Adams is not to blame for our situation needs to wake up to reality. Adams had the time and resources available to him over the Summer to bring in players he thought would get us a top half finish at the very least. He has failed to do so, and must go.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here