Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"Are we blaming the right person?"

"Are we blaming the right person?" (Harty's question on SCR)

• Total voters

Higham Seagull Army

May 5, 2008
northants
MA is not going to walk ,DK cant afford to sack him and have 3 managers on the payroll ,so were stuck with it ,and a relegation dogfight down to the last game of the season .

should be fun.:shrug:

But with Hammond and a few additions this year we could have got to the Championship under Wilkins and then with the bigger revenue of the Championship games and the extra cash for being in the championship perhaps with Deans knowledge of the country's youth players he could have strengthened the squad at a reduced rate until we had a big backer in place.
What we don't know is whether that was ever Wilkins' plan. DK did say publicly that the Board didn't believe that DW could take the club forward.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
But with Hammond and a few additions this year we could have got to the Championship under Wilkins and then with the bigger revenue of the Championship games and the extra cash for being in the championship perhaps with Deans knowledge of the country's youth players he could have strengthened the squad at a reduced rate until we had a big backer in place.

Dk made a massive blunder and more importantly kicked a loyal servant to the club squarely in the face and it's that alone that i have lost all respect for Dicks previous achievements.

I knid of agree with that. I did feel that Deano was doing ok, but could do with the support of a "Director of Football" (not Tinselhead") to assist in nis development as a manager of older players.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Absolutely NOT. The Albion's youth policy was superb under Wilkins.

The mistake was believing that a superb youth policy would be enough to deliver sustainable Championship football.

I'm not convinced that REALLY ever was a belief though. A club like ours needs to use the youth players where they are good enough, and reinforce from outside where they're not. With purchases like Murray and some of the loan signings, it seemed to me Wilkins was trying to do just that.

Possibly one of the most retarded questions ever asked.

Who's fault is it that we play hoof ball? Adams.
Who's fault is it that we have a shit squad and use loan players to cover the cracks? Adams.
Who's fault is it that we have 1 win in 10 games? Adams.
A pedant writes ...

That's three questions.

I wouldn't describe them as "retarded" questions, though. Retarded answers, maybe.

:)

D

Deleted member 2719

Possibly one of the most retarded questions ever asked.

Who's fault is it that we play hoof ball? Adams.
Who's fault is it that we have a shit squad and use loan players to cover the cracks? Adams.
Who's fault is it that we have 1 win in 10 games? Adams.

But who put him there at the expenses of our own loyal up and coming Manager Dean Wilkins?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Sorry, Clapham ... I got my comment in just before you edited your post.

Not a problem - I just wanted to soften it a bit after I read it back :lolol:

I think think that the club (after getting the stadium) thought everything else could be simply put into place by bringing back Micky Adams.

When he came in I assumed there had to be a huge pile of money on the table, because I assumed he would not be able to work with Wilkins squad, because the nucleus of that squad had quite literally grown up with Wilkins.

.. Unless something happens in the transfer window, it's looking like Adams was employed "on the cheap.."

It was a massive decision to get rid of Wilkins and a massive decision to equally bring Adams (and Booker) back.

It looked there was a plan in place, but at this point of the season I'm struggling to see what that was.

No Lord B, but now Dick Knight has got just the man to take us backwards! :nono:

We certainly need to see a lot more if we are going to move forwards.

I can't believe that a few signings in this transfer window will be enough. It looks more and more like we need a big summer clear out.

Maybe Adams realises that?

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton

I can't believe that a few signings in this transfer window will be enough. It looks more and more like we need a big summer clear out.

And would that clear out include some of our sub standard coaching set up like White etc...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I reckon relegation is a deliberate ploy by Micky to give him the opportunity to become the first manager to get 2 double back-to-back championships.

We're going backwards to go forwards.

;)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

Maybe Adams realises that?

Yes we do need a summer clear out now to bring in the type of player Micky works with best and fits into his way of playing etc, but the point is we did not need to do this. Lets hope we do not go down in the process!

We were heading in the write direction with Wilkins.

Dick has lost a lot of respect from a large proportion of the support. He has also been to involved with player negotiations which seems on the face of it to have made our squad weaker over the last few seasons.

Before anyone else says so ...

The trouble with my plan for the future (Keep Adams ... Let him sort things out over two seasons ... Watch us fly) is that it will always be at odds with a view that wants to dish out something as straightforward as "blame".

That's why the question that starts this thread is boneheaded and irrelevant.

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
Adams is not the right man

and knight should invest in some new players and some qualified coaches, wasn"t wilkins a qualified coach - yes!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I blame them both. Knight right royally f***ed UP last May, making a change when it wasn't at all necessary, but since then Adams has just shown himself to be a spent force.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here