Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we a big club?

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Me & a mate had a big discussion about this.

To be classed as a big club imho...you need the following.

Big fans base
History
A decent league standing overall...since club was founded..I.e be in the top division or just out of overall

Success - trophy wise..........

Now if you fail in one area...lets say trophy wise..then you need to make up for it in a big way in other area's..ie the gates you get. Like newcastle for example....

I dont class us as a big club and never have. Our history is more or less non-existant.

Our overall league standing is bottom 3 in championship, and im being very generous..proberly more like our rightful position is top half of league 1.

We are a club with potential..but a big club...no-way..not even slightly...

Your thoughts?

We have a big fans base..so we are the club with potential imho!

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
¡Cereal Killer! said:
No, but Falmer will be our first step to becoming a big club :)

A ground I suppose is a stepping stone...although with the goldstone ground....we were never a big club

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Re: Re: Are we a big club?

bhafc4eva said:
What a well thought out and presented response.

Are you retarded? ???

How can you even begin to justify us being a big club based on the criteria laid out in the originial post?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Re: Re: Are we a big club?

bhafc4eva said:
What a well thought out and presented response.

Are you retarded? ???

Simple question; Are we a big club?
Simple answer; No.

Was the question "Are Brighton and Hove Albion a 'big club'? Please give reasons and explanations for your conclusions"

Is this a f***ing A-level English exam?

What exactly is your problem?

I don't usually rise to your kind of crap, but go f*** yourself.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Nowhere near...

All the while we are at Shitdean with NO funds we are and will continue to be TINPOT.

End of.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
imho - in 100 years we never have and never will be a big club...

I'd love us to be in the prem..ive only watched us for 17/18years..but now have got to a point..where the thought of yeovil away for years seems realistic...but horrid..but i'll still always love the albion!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Even if we get Falmer, the capacity of 22,000 suggests our board are aimimng at the Championship, not the Prem as they should be...

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
B.W. said:
Even if we get Falmer, the capacity of 22,000 suggests our board are aimimng at the Championship, not the Prem as they should be...

Understandable though...due to the fact you cant go build a 40,000 all seater for a team that has spent so much time with gates under 10,000 and in the lower end of the football tier..aslong as the potential to enlarge is there..I dont see it as a problem

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
B.W. said:

I was just about to say that it could be easaly expanded, but then i remembered that we havent even got this one yet!

burrish gull

Aug 8, 2003
burrish
Difficult one this, I've been going since 1975 and I'd definetly say we have a fan base to match Pompey, Southampton, Palace and Charlton. The potential was seen in the late seventies and early eighties and is massive.

Without a proper ground we are not even close to those clubs in real terms now, but I assure you we can match their crowds easily. Alot of younger Albion fans sadly never saw the great days but they will return with the right amount of investment in the new ground.

We are almost two seperate clubs at the moment, the one at Withdean (which is quite frankly shit and does'nt reflect on the potential) and away (always take huge support which does).

We are definetly potentially bigger than Reading :yawn: and Wigan who are currently in the Prem,and in time this will be proved.

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Once we've got Falmer, are back in the Championship (and in the top half), we'll be a big club again.

Think of all of the fans who came out of the woodwork to go to Cardiff. Decent ground, decent opposition and it'll seem a whole different world.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here