Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are we a big club?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
on a world wide stage, i cannot think of any others who would feature......maybe Aston Villa?

1066gull

If Brighton are a big club the day I die, I'd f*** something really weird.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
No and we probably never will be, but we have the potential to be better and bigger than the likes of Wigan.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
No,

But then would you class Reading as a big team?? Premership, 25,000 weekly and a few years ago i would class Brighton as a bigger club then them

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
surrey jim said:
No,

But then would you class Reading as a big team?? Premership, 25,000 weekly and a few years ago i would class Brighton as a bigger club then them
Historicaly we are much bigger than reading,that won't change im sure.

We certainly ain't a big club,but we have enormous potential to be big,when we moved to the withdean and made the championship we was getting 25-28k applying for tickets???

My opinion is we just haven't had much financial support for years and years :glare: give us a decent chairman and a nice big stadium we will be just fine:clap:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
paddy said:
No and we probably never will be, but we have the potential to be better and bigger than the likes of Wigan.
We are bigger than wigan with ease???

History states that,think i saw that at this moment we are about 40th biggest in this country:) but since the years of shite we may have dropped slightly:drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
:lolol: Best laugh I've had today.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
No we are not a big club. I would say a big/small club if that makes sense. Lets consider our nearest rivals

Reading............have made it big by their standards and if we were in their shoes i would be surprised if we could not match the attendances they are having.

Southampton...........always been bigger than us and probably always will be.......although a few seasons back we had a bigger away following

Bournemouth..............slightly bigger attendances than us at the moment but only because their supporters are not open to the elements and have a slight attmoshere at Dean Court (ok the fitness first thingy whatever) But would not be as big as us if they did a "Reading".

Portsmouth...............Sorry although i hate this club with a passion i cannot agree we are as big a club as them. We took 5000 to Palace, our most hated rivals a few seasons back after not playing them for years.............Portsmouth played the now defunt Wimbledon at Selhurst (when everyone was boycotting them as a protest) and took 9000. Pompey are i am afraid a lot better supported than us and could grow to a fairly sizeable club given the right ground ( oh how that hurts admitting that)

We could be a lot bigger and getting Falmer would set the ball rolling but i dont think we could ever be as big as Portsmouth or Southampton........................Bournemouth, Gillingham, Oxford, Brentford, Orient, Swindon.......these are the size of club who could not match our potential IMO

*waits for brickbats*:albion:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
*Gullsworth* said:
No we are not a big club. I would say a big/small club if that makes sense. Lets consider our nearest rivals

Reading............have made it big by their standards and if we were in their shoes i would be surprised if we could not match the attendances they are having.

Southampton...........always been bigger than us and probably always will be.......although a few seasons back we had a bigger away following

Bournemouth..............slightly bigger attendances than us at the moment but only because their supporters are not open to the elements and have a slight attmoshere at Dean Court (ok the fitness first thingy whatever) But would not be as big as us if they did a "Reading".

Portsmouth...............Sorry although i hate this club with a passion i cannot agree we are as big a club as them. We took 5000 to Palace, our most hated rivals a few seasons back after not playing them for years.............Portsmouth played the now defunt Wimbledon at Selhurst (when everyone was boycotting them as a protest) and took 9000. Pompey are i am afraid a lot better supported than us and could grow to a fairly sizeable club given the right ground ( oh how that hurts admitting that)

We could be a lot bigger and getting Falmer would set the ball rolling but i dont think we could ever be as big as Portsmouth or Southampton........................Bournemouth, Gillingham, Oxford, Brentford, Orient, Swindon.......these are the size of club who could not match our potential IMO

*waits for brickbats*:albion:
You need to check the history of these clubs as i have??? reading was averaging 8k in all there history until they got the mad.

pompeys attendances are very average til they got in the prem???

southampton i can agree with,thats because they have been in the top flight for far to many years.

bournemouth are far smaller end of.

Facts are that we haven't had the financial backing that pompey reading and southampton have.Thats why we are where we are.Its not rocket science is it?:glare:

I still believe we should be the biggest in the south,but we are blighted with bad luck and zero money:angry:

Dandyman

In London village.
coventrygull said:
I am not saying Chelsea are not a big club but they are not in the same league as Man Utd or Liverpool

They're not even in the same class as Fulham. Chelsea are a small club being inflated by a crook using stolen money.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
sir albion said:
You need to check the history of these clubs as i have??? reading was averaging 8k in all there history until they got the mad.

pompeys attendances are very average til they got in the prem???

southampton i can agree with,thats because they have been in the top flight for far to many years.

bournemouth are far smaller end of.

Facts are that we haven't had the financial backing that pompey reading and southampton have.Thats why we are where we are.Its not rocket science is it?:glare:

I still believe we should be the biggest in the south,but we are blighted with bad luck and zero money:angry:

Pompey have had consistently higher attendaces than us appart from a period when we had our best spell and they were in the old 3rd division..............even then they were getting 14-16000

And its no good giving me the glare smiley old boy:lolol: i am on your side, i agree we have been underfunded and could be a whole lot bigger.....but the fact is if we ever made the Prem....we may command gates of 25-30,000 stadia allowing while IMO Portsmouth would get 35-40,000, Southampton are of a similar size to Pompey.............agreed Bournemouth are a smaller club than us! We need someone to wheel out the average home att of these clubs over the years to sort this one out:dunce: :)

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
This big club stuff does seem of a bit of a weird obsession with some people. We're not a big club and I'm quite happy with that. When you see the plastic masses that fill out Premiership grounds in London on a weekend, again I'm quite glad that Brighton aren't part of that. We're a local team. Big clubs have national support. And I'm sorry to admit it if it upsets some of our fans but Portsmouth and Palace are much bigger clubs than Brighton. But who gives a f*ck.

We are not a big club. I don't know how anyone can think we are (or ever have been); I don't know why anybody would want us to be; and I don't know why anybody would care.

We're Brighton and Hove Albion FC. That's it. Nothing more, nothing less. That's enough for me.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Re: Re: Re: Are we a big club?

hans kraay fan club said:
Simple question; Are we a big club?
Simple answer; No.

Was the question "Are Brighton and Hove Albion a 'big club'? Please give reasons and explanations for your conclusions"

Is this a f***ing A-level English exam?

What exactly is your problem?

I don't usually rise to your kind of crap, but go f*** yourself.
:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here