Are u happy with our transfer dealings

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
could have been better, could have been worse

Nicky Rust

Jan 3, 2008
Hove
Can't believe we failed on getting a decent winger and a strong midfield player, It makes you realise why Hammond went!, again we failed to strengthen and Dicks failed in his magic 5 transfers as i can't count Richards as a buy!

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
No.........but only what we,ve come to expect from DK

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
makes me laugh though,Dick is a pr great,We made money during the window yet made our highest priced player for 25 years

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Can't believe we failed on getting a decent winger and a strong midfield player, It makes you realise why Hammond went!, again we failed to strengthen and Dicks faile in his magic 5 transfers a i can't count Richards as a buy!

Thomson, Richards, McFaul, Dixon and Murray.

Thats 5 isn't it?

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Our midfield is going to be virtually non existent and still no goalkeeper for competition for Kuipers. I'm worried

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Advanced talks with five players, not that he was going to sign them.

As for strengthening the squad, would it not be wiser to wait until we see how our signings turn out before ripping that statement to shreads?

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Very happy with the incoming signings and the fee's secured for the Elder, Revell and Hammond exceeded my expectations. Hammond and Elder would have been off for nothing so to recoup most of Murrays fee for them is great business. Saying that Losing Hammond will be a huge blow as he was massively under-rated although I think Reid and Fraser are more than capable deputys when fit.

Also pleased we hanged onto Lynch, Elphick, Cox and Robinson, by far our best prospects and talented first team calibre already.

A couple of loans or freebies will keep us ticking over and we should have some dosh left to strengthen in the summer...

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
makes me laugh though,Dick is a pr great,We made money during the window yet made our highest priced player for 25 years

True, but it might not have been the case if our other transfers targets had come off. Rather than spending silly money, hopefully we can use some of that at the start of next season.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
We needed a WINGER and ONE centre midfielder.

We managed to loose 3 important players in Hammond, Revell and Savage, and also players like Elder (who was scoring in the reserves and would score in the first team given a run of games)

We have to give the new guys a few games to settle in but apart from that Scottish guy and this guy from Rochdale I dont think weve done that well.

Overall, I think were a weaker team now than we were 31 days ago!

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
i am basically referring to the fact he has lost 5 gained 4 - how is that making the squad better?

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
It's make you realise what an ABSOLUTE nightmare (or should that be Knightmare) the transfer window can be for clubs like us.

It obviously starts months before, but the logistics of wondering who to sell, in order to generate cash to bring players in are horrific.

Could have been worse, I was expecting Elphick to go.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
3 important players in Hammond, Revell and Savage,
Really?
An inconsistent, injury-prone anonymous midfielder, a hard-working but non-league striker and a journeyman occasional impact player with an ego.

I will miss all of them and wish them good luck, but important? Compared to say Elphick and Forster?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
IN

Murray 300k
Thomson 100k (as per Falkirk)
Dixom 55k
Mc Faul 0

Total 455k

out

Hammond 250k
Revell 150k
Elder 35k

Total 435k

Expenditure over income 20k plus we now have an apparently weakened midfield so how can this be a succesful transfer window.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here