Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are u happy with our transfer dealings

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Really?
An inconsistent, injury-prone anonymous midfielder, a hard-working but non-league striker and a journeyman occasional impact player with an ego.

I will miss all of them and wish them good luck, but important? Compared to say Elphick and Forster?

You're right about Elder, you're a bit unfair on Savage since I think we've all seen that he was obviously doing something to help Forster, but mostly you are completely crazy about Hammond. Anyone who now doesn't recognise the importance on Hammond in our team must have had their eyes closed for the last 3 years. Not only was he our most consistent player, he was a decent captain and a hard working player who could go forward or play in the holding midfield role - plus I'm really not sure that I would describe him as injury prone.

It's comments like these that make you realise why players have absolutely no worries about leaving at the sniff of a better offer - 4 years of great service and within 10 hours of him leaving you're writing off his whole career? :glare:

IN

Murray 300k
Thomson 100k (as per Falkirk)
Dixom 55k
Mc Faul 0

Total 455k

out

Hammond 250k
Revell 150k
Elder 35k

Total 435k

Expenditure over income 20k plus we now have an apparently weakened midfield so how can this be a succesful transfer window.

How can you say that when we have lost one midfielder and gained two, one of which is vastly experienced. Also the forward division is greatly strengthened. So yes this has been a successful transfer window.

Of course some people would love it to be a failure so they could say I told you so. I've had it with the negative shit on this board, if you are going on saturday get behind the team, if not then stay in the pub or watch soccer saturday as you are not welcome.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
bhadeb in anti-knight post shocker. Dick didn't want him at the club? Why did he offer him an improved deal then? You really are full of shit.

I am sure I remember Knight saying that we were in advanced talks with 5 players and hoped to sign them. As for selling players, how did you expect us to stick to our wage budget and fund the signings? Do clubs and players accept pretend money in deb's little world?

I take exception to your post re;" You really are full of shit".The point debs was making, and I agree with her, is that the squad appears far weaker now than it was in December, when we were looking like a play-off team.
Dick Knight appears to me, to be letting his "control freak " attitude, destroy Wilkins work to date.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
No, personally we've lost all players that could make us play passing football in O'Callaghan and Hammond and therefore are going to result in the long ball, for which we have sold are target man in Revell, which i fell is a massive loss. Personally i feel Murray has scored similar amount of goals as Revell at a lower league so why is he double the price. never heard of the other player. Lost our captain, and have a depleted midfield. We are basically going back to a similar squad as last season when fraser played a lot and we were fighting against the drop, the only difference is we are doing it without a decent keeper, last season we had Flinders, no obvious leadership and unless Murray is a target man, no player to aim for when we have a big punt upfield, which we will be doing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thomson in for Hammond
Murray for Revell
Elder not replaced.
McFaul in evtra

So all have been replaced but are the replacements as good or better than we had only time will tell.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Thomson in for Hammond
Murray for Revell
Elder not replaced.
McFaul in evtra

So all have been replaced but are the replacements as good or better than we had only time will tell.

Yea but what about O'Callaghan and Savage, have they been replaced?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So should FDM but I am saying the major players ie Hammond and revell have both been replaced for the same money as we received for them and Dixon has replaced Elder at a cost of 20k.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
still nothing on the site.......... i dont understand defoe has yet to sign at pompey but the deal can still go through yet its nearly 1 ?????

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Really?
An inconsistent, injury-prone anonymous midfielder, a hard-working but non-league striker and a journeyman occasional impact player with an ego.

I will miss all of them and wish them good luck, but important? Compared to say Elphick and Forster?

I didnt say THE 3 MOST important players, but theres no denying that they were an important part of the team, and you can add GOC to that list aswell to make it FOUR important players!!

I think the money we have got for the players sold is good, but we needed a Goalie to back up FDM, a winger who can put a cross in the box without cutting inside and a centre midfielder to partner Hammo.

Forwards and 'ones for the future' are NOT priorities at the moment!!
(Well they wernt at the start of the window!)

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I reckon over the next few weeks we'll see a couple of loan players come in. Hopefully they'll be decent...

As it stands I think we've strengthened our striking options but weakened our midfield ones. We've lost three squad strikers who on their day 'could do a job' but who struggle to be an automatic choice over the course of a season. Hopefully Murray will be the 40+games, twenty goal a season striker we need to partner Forster. Dixon has a decent goalscoring record at conference level so he should hopefully be a decent enough back up.

Unfortunately we've lost the hearet of our midfield in G O'C and Hammond. We have brought in two players but one of those is O'Faul a player 'for the future'. Thomson is a decent signing but needs someone alongside him.

It's a real shame we couldn't have got the chesterfield captain and Currie. If we had, I'd have been very happy with the transfer window. As it stands I find it promising and positive that we've finally started shelling out money on players. Mid table this year, hopefully a few quality additions in the summer then a promotion push next season.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I am sure some survive on negativity, i also wonder if some really think we should be going for some named players ? (if we did, next stop is administration) you also have to remember that we are not aware of the players personal feelings, ie maybe Hammond wanted to go, maybe he felt it was time to move on and try his luck elsewhere (and get more money probably!)

I appreciate this is a message board and everyone is entitled to there thoughts, but i dont think any one of us understands the constraints a Chairman like Dick Knight has to go through when running a club like this, i for one dont think it would be very easy and i really dont envy him (totally admire him actually)

Lets be honest, whilst we all like to criticize and comment, would our thoughts be the same if it was our money that was going down the pan week after week ?(some will say it is maybe)

Any form of progression has to be slow, personally i dont think we are doing to badly as a team, "could do better" would undoubtedly be the comments from the teachers report, but does that not apply to all football teams ?

As supporters of this fine club, i believe we should all give Dick knight, Dean Wilkins the players and back room staff our total committment and belief in them.

Oh and by the way, the easiest thing in the world to do is predict "Doom & Gloom" if your wrong it gets forgotton, as Victory superceeds everything, if your right............well done, and have a great time telling everyone, "I told you so"

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
I take exception to your post re;" You really are full of shit".The point debs was making, and I agree with her, is that the squad appears far weaker now than it was in December, when we were looking like a play-off team.
Dick Knight appears to me, to be letting his "control freak " attitude, destroy Wilkins work to date.

Just because you agree with her doesn't mean she's not full of shit, I think she's wrong and her dislike of DK over powers any of her arguements.

It always amazes me that people seem to think that DK has total control of the Club. He doesn't, the people with the money do, hence Mcghee going because of the Bloom's, it would surprise me if Tony Bloom told DK what he wanted the money spent on. DK is the glue that holds to board together, without him massaging the various egos involved we'd be up shit creek without a paddle. The fact that this doesn't register with some people on here shows a lack of undertsanding of how the world works.

Seagullible

Super Keeper
Jul 7, 2003
Tea room, The Office, Slough
I'm quite please. Didn't want Hammond to go but that was HIS choice. Liked Revell but got good money for him and a replacement. Elder was not good enough imho and has been replaced by someone who is rated by those who I know have seen him. Midfiled has 2 new players and is only looking weaker due to injury to Reid and Fraser. We tried getting other players but the clubs wanted too much, would rather still have a club with relative financial security than a flair player for a year and possible administration

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail

The 'full of shit' was a reference to the fact that she is claiming that Dick didn't want Dean Hammond at the club. A spurious accusation as the management team clearly wanted him. Unless, bhadeb is able to read the mind of DK? Why would he offer deals if he didn't want him? There is a case that the original offer was too late as we had tied up Cox and Lynch way before that date.

It is all very well saying that DK's attitude is destroying the work, but I think it is far more circumstantial. If all had gone to plan at the start of the season, we would have signed GO'C and Richards (?) permanently, but as it turned out they had other ideas. We have our targets and there is only so much we can do financially in the transfer market and with our wage structure. We can't afford to be held to ransom with various palyers and so on.

I am sure this is not the end of our wheeling and dealing. We can now use the loan market which is presumably a plan B, one would hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here