Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are u happy with our transfer dealings

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
A midfield of Rents Cox Thomson Robinson will be good enouigh for the Crewe game, but once the loan window oipens in a week, we MUST get in another winger and experienced central midfielder

I was gutted about Hammond leaving but you cant argue with the business point of view and £250k is a lot. The other strikers leaving I cant argue with as we have replaced Revell and Elder with Murray and Dixon

Highest spenders in the division was a suprise to me, but it was very exciting non the less

Happiness rating probably 7/10 (only because we can still loan some people in)

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
It is vital that we sign at least one midfielder when the Loan window opens.

On the whole I am reasonably pleased with our activity, after all Murray & Dixon sound like like better players than Revell & Elder so well done there.

However, given the club knew it was v. likely Hammond was going to leave I think it's a little short sighted not to have been able to sign another centre Mid and or winger.

Overall I think we're slightly stronger than we were on 1 January, but not by much. Certainly no where near to make a push for the play offs.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Lets not forget that the one master stroke in all this is getting 1/4 million for Hammond. If that bit of wheeler dealing had gone wrong then the gloom and doom merchants would have had a hay day.

Well done DK, DW:thumbsup:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I think we've done alright.

To get 250k for a player that clearly wanted to leave and would have done at the end of the season anyway is excellent business. Elder is shit and we've got money for him and Revell just didn't ever deliver ever and we've got a nice wedge for him too.

Murray seems like a good signing and we've now got two strikers to play as a partnership that should be pretty good at this level. Thomson played at a decent level and was club captain at Falkirk so that's a good signing and Dixon seems like a prospect but I feel that signing is more specualtive than anything else. We've managed to keep Richards who looks like the solid left back we've been mising since god knows went. If we can get a dynamic midfielder in on loan and Robinson can step his game up we should be okay.

All round quite successful but we do need to get into the loan market.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Reasonably pleased. The 250k for Hammond was a tremendous bonus as I was resigned to losing him for nothing in the summer; how DK persuaded them to shell out that much I don't know. I guess he's their last throw of the dice to try and preserve their Championship status. Also the fees for Elder and Revell were well above their market worth. And Forster DIDN'T go to Palace.

A pity we couldn't get an extra midfielder, especially a wide one, so 7/10 for me.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
depends on what these players turn out like....If we have bought pony then obviously not, but if they turn out better than what we had previously then Yes I will be happy

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
I take exception to your post re;" You really are full of shit".The point debs was making, and I agree with her, is that the squad appears far weaker now than it was in December, when we were looking like a play-off team.
Dick Knight appears to me, to be letting his "control freak " attitude, destroy Wilkins work to date.

thanks for that mate - glad to see someone understands what i am trying to say

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
The 'full of shit' was a reference to the fact that she is claiming that Dick didn't want Dean Hammond at the club. A spurious accusation as the management team clearly wanted him. Unless, bhadeb is able to read the mind of DK? Why would he offer deals if he didn't want him? There is a case that the original offer was too late as we had tied up Cox and Lynch way before that date.

It is all very well saying that DK's attitude is destroying the work, but I think it is far more circumstantial. If all had gone to plan at the start of the season, we would have signed GO'C and Richards (?) permanently, but as it turned out they had other ideas. We have our targets and there is only so much we can do financially in the transfer market and with our wage structure. We can't afford to be held to ransom with various palyers and so on.

I am sure this is not the end of our wheeling and dealing. We can now use the loan market which is presumably a plan B, one would hope.

why did dick knight offer Dean Hammond less money than he was already on - who in life takes a pay cut - dick has driven dean out of this club - accept it

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Goodbye and good luck to Dean Hammond - you are a great player and you WILL be a big loss to the club - :(personally i think Dick never wanted him at the club and i think he has succeeded in getting exactly what he wanted - Dean gone from the club!! - back at the beginning of January Dick said he was bringing in five players - well just for the record Dick has lied - We have bought in Murray Thomson Dixon and mcfaul - that's 4 - we have lost elder revell o'callaghan hammond savage - thats 5 - and before anyone says anything - don't count matt and martot because they were with us before Christmas - i thought the idea that Dick had was to strenghten the squad - WELL DONE DICK YOU COCKED THAT RIGHT UP!!!!! - i wish all the players we have lost all the very best of luck but at least they have got away from our deluded chairman

I always knew there would be a catch with the splashing out on a 3rd rate striker,now its proved that promotion certainly isn't the ambition due to all the quality that has left and all the rubbish that has come in:shootself

League 2 and conference is the best we can do for players?:thud:
The idea was to keep the quality players and add a few if possible,but its totally gone tits up yet again and relagation beckons:mad:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
All in all pleased with the players we have brought in and on longer term deals which prevents the inevitable problems with loan signings (OC being a prime example). Revell had a good goal return but largely due to Forsters hard work down the channels and Murray should pick up where he left off.

In regard to Hammond it looks a clear case of someone looking for a Bosman in the summer and the club accepting whatever they could to avoid being left with nothing. We have always seemed to manage to play the loan market pretty well so imagine we will use this to bolster the squad until end of the season

Now is he time to get behind the new faces rather than done deals with the old guard

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Definitely need another midfielder because even if Reid was fit he is total crap and adds nothing...maybe its time for one of the other young midfielders to show his worth..believe we are now in for a wee bit of a scrap now...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
If we had held on to Hammond and Revell I would be pretty delighted although still wanting a winger. Having lost those two I am dismayed. Losing Hammond is a hammer blow, we have badly missed him in the last few games as results have shown, and the fact is the squad is weaker now than before Christmas.

We need some decent loan signings now or kiss goodbye to any chance of the top half which in turn will mean another thousand off the gate.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
If we had held on to Hammond and Revell I would be pretty delighted although still wanting a winger. Having lost those two I am dismayed. Losing Hammond is a hammer blow, we have badly missed him in the last few games as results have shown, and the fact is the squad is weaker now than before Christmas.

We need some decent loan signings now or kiss goodbye to any chance of the top half which in turn will mean another thousand off the gate.

Really so you have already written Thomson off then? Whats to say in time he will prove to be a better player than Hammond after all having played in the SPL shows his pedigree?

As for Revell I imagine we had not planned to sell him but would you seriously turn down the money we were offered for him?? The club snapped their hands off and rightfully so

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex

Loosing Hammond is not a hammer blow as his move to high flying Colchester proves. He hasn't been on form this season, and the reason we missed him is because the stupid prick got sent of for a horror challange, and not for the first time. Sorry, but he's not anywere near as good as people seem to think, if he was he would have been snapped up by one of the top half championship teams.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here