Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there too many kids on this board these days?

Well?

• Yes you are so right doug.

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • No, you are an old fart!

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Perhaps but you have a nice beard, xxx

Votes: 17 16.2%

• Total voters

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Adriodinho said:
Meh, its just an internet board.

Wrong - it obviously means more than just a message board to people if there are so many who are put off by posting or have decided not to post.

Its a stupid excuse to post crap because "its only a message board, don't read the thread if you don't like the topic" blah blah blah - Thats a pathetic excuse to abuse and belittle people...There are people on here who don't view it as "only a message board" and are here for some banter amongst friends...

And what the dickens is this meh business?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
To be honest its not an age thing. As BAG pointed out she's a mere slip of a girl at 19 yet I can't say I've ever seen here post anything offensive.

Just how old are some of the posters on here ? I can't be bothered to read all the profiles but I would bet that more that a few of the wind up merchants on here are in their youth. I would say that if the Mods were to take a firmer grip I for one wouldn't object.

Let's face it we know who the usual suspects are and its fair to say several of our recent flouncers are not youngsters.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Benny Seagull said:
did we not have this same debate the other day? i'm not from manchester just residing up here. sort it out.

Dont know, Dont think we personally had that debate and I didn't see it on here.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Benny Seagull said:
did we not have this same debate the other day? i'm not from manchester just residing up here. sort it out.

We sort of did, thanks to Goring Gull.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Les Biehn said:
I think the problem is wankers not kids.
* END OF THREAD *

Couldn't agree more. It's not an age thing. There's loads of teenagers on here who post really good stuff, BAG being but one example.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
I think the problem was the board was getting to serious. It seemed like anytime you talked about football someone (especially a certain someone) would come along demanding sources and back stories and references.......I think people got fed up and just shyed away from the football threads and started just posting shite as a reaction to this. Trouble is that alienates the decent posters and attracts more morons.

Last edited:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It's difficult to name the new realm as wankerdom but that past as paradisial. All one could possibly say is that it's different type of wanker. One with a more flambouyant, open-mouthed, thick-skulled, Men & Motors-style, Just-17 process.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Are there too many kids....?

Maybe we need a sign like the one in the corner shop - 'Only three children at any time'!

In all seriousness, I agree with Les, its about wankers not kids. Not all the idiots are kids and vice versa.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
dougdeep said:
Perhaps there should be a limit on the number of posts per day instead of the two minute rule.

Or some clever internet brain thingie which spots threads which are just the same two people posting messages to one another (usually nothing more than smilies and LOL and wot you doing for yr coursework tonite innit etc). Once there's been eight consecutive back and forth messages, both their keyboards explode and they can't post anymore.

Next time, they'll learn to use PMs. Or texts. Or Windows Messenger or something more suited to private chat.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here