Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there too many kids on this board these days?

Well?

• Yes you are so right doug.

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • No, you are an old fart!

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Perhaps but you have a nice beard, xxx

Votes: 17 16.2%

• Total voters

1066gull

Beach Hut said:
Trouble is all the older ones seem to flounce off now days.

Perhaps there should be an NSC for the maturer fans.

The last decent debate was Desert Orchid and look at the fall out from that.
Or maybe we should create a forum for the younger fans and call it the Family Stand:lolol:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
To be fair, not all of the crap posted comes from 'the kids'.

Older members (like HB&B with his inane drivel about fire engines and the like) contribute their fair share.

Last edited:

1066gull

Alex Frutos said:
To be fair, not all of the crap posted comes from 'the kids'.

Older members (like HB&B with his inane drivel about fire engines and the like) contribute their fair share.
The Ernest Beach Hut affair?

Lord Bracknell has even posted shit.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Withdean Wanderer said:
Everyone posts shit.

SOME a LOT more than others.

Sums it up perfectly.

Those who moan that the board is going downhill because of large proportion of younger members posting 'shit' should take a good long look in the mirror and remember that they've almost certainly done the same at some point.

We can all co-exist here surely? Younger people, older people, it doesn't matter. We're all here because we're Brighton fans, and no-one should have any more or less right to post or contribute than anyone else.

Adriodinho said:
The Ernest Beach Hut affair?

Lord Bracknell has even posted shit.

Hate to say it, but spastic boy has got a point.

One man's shit is another man's reasoned debate, which makes the 'Childish Rambling' forum such a joke.

NSC prides itself on being a melting pot for all sections of society, and more particularly Albion supporters, so you have take it for what it is. If you don't like something, ignore it. Apparently that's the adult thing to do, but it seems to be something the 'adults' of the board have the most difficulty doing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safeway said:
Hate to say it, but spastic boy has got a point.

One man's shit is another man's reasoned debate, which makes the 'Childish Rambling' forum such a joke.

NSC prides itself on being a melting pot for all sections of society, and more particularly Albion supporters, so you have take it for what it is. If you don't like something, ignore it. Apparently that's the adult thing to do, but it seems to be something the 'adults' of the board have the most difficulty doing.

Well another poor word but I am sure nothing will stick Mr T will it :wave:

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Alex Frutos said:
Sums it up perfectly.

Those who moan that the board is going downhill because of large proportion of younger members posting 'shit' should take a good long look in the mirror and remember that they've almost certainly done the same at some point.

We can all co-exist here surely? Younger people, older people, it doesn't matter. We're all here because we're Brighton fans, and no-one should have any more or less right to post or contribute than anyone else.

What about these so called 'uberfans' i keep hearing about on here.

Should they have more right to post shit than people who only go to one or two games a year?

Perhaps we could keep ticket stubs and show them to Bozza and then he will let you post one shit thread per ticket stub!

1066gull

ali jenkins said:
What about these so called 'uberfans' i keep hearing about on here.

Should they have more right to post shit than people who only go to one or two games a year?

Perhaps we could keep ticket stubs and show them to Bozza and then he will let you post one shit thread per ticket stub!
One alternative is to do what I tried to pursue last season.

Split the big board up in to several different forums, that way things are a lot more organised and shit is less common.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Adriodinho said:

Split the big board up in to several different forums, that way things are a lot more organised and shit is less common.

I think that would just go further to creating 'cliques' and causing too much division.

As someone else said, if you don't like a particular thread or poster or whatever, all you have to do is ignore it or them.

For almost every thread and person here you could find people who both like and dislike it/them.

Live and let live I say.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Adriodinho said:

*thinks* How about a Adriandinho forum, so that a lot less shit is on the main board.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Safeway said:
Another is for YOU to f*** OFF. That would improve the board IMMESURABLY.

Mr T, the voice of reason

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
I used to think of NSC as a forum where you will get good banter and honest debate. Now I consider it to be akin to the ball pond at the Sportsman. If I'm lucky, I'll get two minutes worth of conversation from one of the parents, but I'll probably just spend most of my time watching the kids (erm, I mean my god daughter, i don't just hang around near ball ponds watching kids!) .

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
NSC has become saturate with shit.

Kids chatting to their mates about CRAP, people on constant wind ups about race, people genuinely racist spouting hate at every chance, people getting uppity at the slightest challange to any aspect of their lifestyle / beliefs, and members FLOUNCING off like kids in a playground.

There are places online to do all those things, but now they all happen right here on NSC and it's BORING.

Not that I'm FLOUNCING or anything. :jester:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here