Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there too many kids on this board these days?

Well?

• Yes you are so right doug.

Votes: 66 62.9%
  • No, you are an old fart!

Votes: 22 21.0%
  • Perhaps but you have a nice beard, xxx

Votes: 17 16.2%

• Total voters

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I kind of agree with Les Biehn where I mostly find myself avoiding contentious issues for fear of having words put into my mouth, so to speak, or just not being allowed to have an alternative viewpoint without having to justify it to the extreme.

Also I post as much shit as anyone, in fact I don't think I contribute in anyway to serious discussion, however, I do find it amusing when one of the most frequent users of bad language and petty insults comes out taking the moral high ground on threads such as these.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I've had enough of dwarfs. Randy, pelican-sized, leg-pumping, hen-riding, bird-rodeo merchants whose little hands reach in pockets and steal shillings. I see them line up down petshops afterwards to spend their takings on seed, droppings, dung and drugs to deflower birds of play. Human cuckoo dresser-uppers.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Meade's_Ball said:
I've had enough of dwarfs. Randy, pelican-sized, leg-pumping, hen-riding, bird-rodeo merchants whose little hands reach in pockets and steal shillings. I see them line up down petshops afterwards to spend their takings on seed, droppings, dung and drugs to deflower birds of play. Human cuckoo dresser-uppers.

Now you're scaring me

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
bhafc99 said:
Or some clever internet brain thingie which spots threads which are just the same two people posting messages to one another (usually nothing more than smilies and LOL and wot you doing for yr coursework tonite innit etc). Once there's been eight consecutive back and forth messages, both their keyboards explode and they can't post anymore.

Next time, they'll learn to use PMs. Or texts. Or Windows Messenger or something more suited to private chat.
I agree, I also agree with Safeway when he points out that someones 'hilarious banter' (Beach Hut v Ernest) is everybody else's boring drivel.

However it was NO better <n> years ago. There was NO NSC 'Golden Age', it's a fallacy. And at least there's PMs now and usually most private conversations are conducted via PM. I've had a few that have started off as thread replies, then when myself and the other poster have realised we're talking about nothing of interest to except us we've switched to PMs. In the old days the board was full of threads saying stuff like "Gezza, Harveys, Cannarian, check your email"

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
rool said:
I kind of agree with Les Biehn where I mostly find myself avoiding contentious issues for fear of having words put into my mouth, so to speak, or just not being allowed to have an alternative viewpoint without having to justify it to the extreme.

I don't - I just wade on straight in! :lol: but then I must expect the consequences - so good for you for being able to ignore it - wish i could half the time!!:down:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I don't think there are ENOUGH 'kids' on this board!

You don't see the youngsters FLOUNCING off, with a holier than thou attitude. I also find the OVER reaction to anything 1066 writes INFINITELY more tiresome than whatever he wrote in the forst place. It takes me about 0.23 seconds to skip past his posts but another 3.56 seconds to skip past all the "why don't you just f*** offs" following his posts.

paddy

Feb 2, 2005
London
Lammy said:

You don't see the youngsters FLOUNCING off, with a holier than thou attitude. I also find the OVER reaction to anything 1066 writes INFINITELY more tiresome than whatever he wrote in the forst place. It takes me about 0.23 seconds to skip past his posts but another 3.56 seconds to skip past all the "why don't you just f*** offs" following his posts.

Absolutely.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Lammy said:

Agree.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Is this thread still going? It didn't last this long last time I posted it.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I don't think its an age issue, its maturity one. No need to get rid of the children.. just the childish posters.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Lammy said:

Why do i get the impression that you have ACCTUALLY timed your self doing that?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here