Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are there any TV chefs/cookery show you DO like?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
There's a lot to be said for Levi Roots' show.

I also want to f*** Rachel Allen's head off.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Back to original question...

Yes-anything with Ching-He Huang in (she's a girl, not an item on Ming's menu) because TV needs more chinese female cooks.

Especially cute ones like Ching. :thumbsup:

I enjoy pretty much all tv chefs. The only one that has ever really annoyed me is tamsin day lewis (Daniel's sister).

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I quite enjoy the odd cookery show and indeed, I enjoy rustling up a course or two of fare, however i find this new wave interest in cooking seems to have been adopted by total knobshops trying to impress each other with their perfectly seasoned lives.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I quite enjoy the odd cookery show and indeed, I enjoy rustling up a course or two of fare, however i find this new wave interest in cooking seems to have been adopted by total knobshops trying to impress each other with their perfectly seasoned lives.

or by people who enjoy a hobby ? Tell me what is wrong with people trying to impress each other with their cooking ?

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I am not knocking it entirely. Just find it all a bit "golden triangle".

ok, I love cooking for other people and 'yes' I sometimes find myself hoping that the dinner party I go to is not quite as good as mine....I think the competetive side of it is fun, as you get to do a 'come dine with me' analysis on your way home!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
ok, I love cooking for other people and 'yes' I sometimes find myself hoping that the dinner party I go to is not quite as good as mine....I think the competetive side of it is fun, as you get to do a 'come dine with me' analysis on your way home!

I take score cards with me!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
forgive me.

Forgiven! Thanks for bringing it up though, such fond memories of emptying bins and cleaning desks. As a second job it was shit. However the holiday it payed for for me and my lady was far from shit. :wink:

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Huge Furry Whittingham is a very nice chap, a very good cook and not a bad presenter.
I used to like Rick Stein (who was a Floyd me-too) but I think he's pretty much given up now.
Nigel Slater is a GREAT writer and has an attitude to food I love, but doesn't present so well.
I like the ladies from River Cafe but they haven't been on for a while.
Jamie Oliver's recipes are remarkably reliable - esp those in the Jamie at Home (the garden one).

Couldn't agree more about Nigel Slater - I've got a book of his and seek out his recipes n the sunday papers too.
I'm a big fan of Hugh FW, can't stand Ainsley Harriot or that fat **** Worrell-Thompson.

Merilees Parker is definitely worth a squirt, but Jo Pratt gets my vote!

I have no idea, but I've never managed to bag a lady who can cook! :down:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Forgiven! Thanks for bringing it up though, such fond memories of emptying bins and cleaning desks. As a second job it was shit. However the holiday it payed for for me and my lady was far from shit. :wink:

I never fancied one of those £ 9 a day breaks in The Sun newspaper but what was it like as a matter of interest.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I never fancied one of those £ 9 a day breaks in The Sun newspaper but what was it like as a matter of interest.

Well, obviously I couldn't afford for both of us to stay so she slept in the car but on the whole we really did enjoy ourselves. We played ping pong on the first night and walked around a puddle the following morning before heading to the scout hut for a breakfast of black pudding and mud.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here