Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the NSC awards not a little bit gay?

Are the awards a geeky step too far?

• Yes they are

Votes: 28 51.9%
  • Yes, but I dont care as long as I win one

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • No they are a great idea

Votes: 9 16.7%

• Total voters

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Just the thoughts of a few people. Sad enough meeting people and having to say 'hi, I met you off the internet' without having to pat each other on the back for being the best poster etc. Not sure how many people notice this but fans who dont use NSC look upon us as a bit sad and have to say that listening to the radio on saturday when someone said 'oo Harty theyl be slagging you off on North Stand Chat later for making a mistake' made me cringe.

Dont get me wrong, I like most people on here, just, well sometimes it seems a bit geeky.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Well said Richie, people off NSC will be writing a love-in Fanzine next, not me of course cos I am not funny enough....:wave:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
El Presidente said:
Well said Richie, people off NSC will be writing a love-in Fanzine next, not me of course cos I am not funny enough....:wave:

I am sorting out a play off edition and you will be the first to be asked for a contribution and all but gaurenteed a page!

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
thats why i wouldnt meet people off here socially(even though no-one likes me)oh(and because im one of the youngsters)and(why am i writing everything in brackets?)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
They're EXTREMELY gay. But wasn't that part of the (ironic) point in the first place, ya bleedin' misery...?:p

Despite the perception of being geeky and nerdy, NSC had grown from a mere chat forum (even though technically it still is) into an excellent force for protest and campaigning (look at the current sticky threads). A lot has been achieved as a result of NSC - if nothing else, our actions ultimately forced John Prescott to re-consider a Planning Inspector's Report. Who else can claim to be able to do that?

I feel there is a certain sense of community, and there are some good people on here - and a few wankers, but you can find that cross section of society every day. If people are concerned by the way a group of Albion fans have got together in order to get things done, or get pissed, or debate, let them be. Doesn't bother me.

Yeah, sure the awards are naff, but, f*** it, let's revel in our nerdiness, celebrate the Albion and laugh at ourselves in the process. It's not as though anyone will remember it in the morning...

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Richie Morris said:
Sad enough meeting people and having to say 'hi, I met you off the internet' without having to pat each other on the back for being the best poster etc
Oi.
I like being patted.

:p

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just wait till You see my frock for this years.
It's MUCH nicer than MARTINS.

:jester:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
But what if we invite Easy's dodgy uncle to the NSC lovefest?Then he will be in a dilemma about feeling special

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I AM a dodgy uncle. I've been grooming and EVERYTHING.

(have I gone too far there ?)

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Richie Morris said:
Just the thoughts of a few people. Sad enough meeting people and having to say 'hi, I met you off the internet' without having to pat each other on the back for being the best poster etc. Not sure how many people notice this but fans who dont use NSC look upon us as a bit sad and have to say that listening to the radio on saturday when someone said 'oo Harty theyl be slagging you off on North Stand Chat later for making a mistake' made me cringe.

Dont get me wrong, I like most people on here, just, well sometimes it seems a bit geeky.

got to agree with you there.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i think there meant as a laugh ,

chill out people seriously :cool:

Lush

Mods' Pet
Richie Morris said:

As geeky as starting 12 different threads on one day?

:p

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Let's just say that Safeway didn't look unduly perturbed by a loved-up Berkshire fondling the Safeway crotch while he was reading out the nominations... :lolol:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
We are all keyboard warriors in an abyss of virtual chat but we love it and we all know we are very very sad individuals, thats what makes us so great !.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Tom Hark said:
Let's just say that Safeway didn't look unduly perturbed by a loved-up Berkshire fondling the Safeway crotch while he was reading out the nominations... :lolol:
Well as i was beggining to fall asleep i thought i needed to grab something while pissed.

Thats my way of saying the awards are shite:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here