Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are the Coalition f*cking it up ?.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I fear we are on the brink of a massive double dip recession. Growth was 0.1% and the 1.2% first 1/4's and I fear growth with be much reduced and possibly back in recession for the 3rd quarter but certainly by the 4th quarter.

On a selfish point of view this government have done the square root of f*** all for my profession when I had high hopes. They have abolished the FSA from 2012 but will just staff the new organisation with the same people so no change. They even gave the top gig to serial loser Hector Sants who oversaw the shambolic FSA from 2004.

Property prices are on the edge of a precipice. Unless something happens and very soon we could see a huge property crash and property being brought by wealthy landlords and a whole generation of young and middle aged people renting from fat cat landlords for decades.

New jobs are not being created. The savage cuts which have to be done will mean the country in recession or near recession for 5 years at least.

I am serious worried. The coalition have done precisely diddly squat from what I can see and are proving a major dissapointment.

After 3 annus horribilus years there is still no light at the end of the tunnel. The signs are not good.

How do people see things panning out from now until 2015 ?.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
They have screwed it big time. To be honest it was always going to happen but I think even their biggest supporter is suprised by how quick they have managed it.

Undoing a lot of Labours good work and it will only be when things go back as bad as they were before Labour that the country will get Labour in to rebuild it again.

Yes they made mistakes but you look what they took on and what they turned the country into. Looks like they will need to step up and recover again in a few years.

Enjoyable watching the toffs fail though

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I fear we are on the brink of a massive double dip recession. Growth was 0.1% and the 1.2% first 1/4's and I fear growth with be much reduced and possibly back in recession for the 3rd quarter but certainly by the 4th quarter.

On a selfish point of view this government have done the square root of f*** all for my profession when I had high hopes. They have abolished the FSA from 2012 but will just staff the new organisation with the same people so no change. They even gave the top gig to serial loser Hector Sants who oversaw the shambolic FSA from 2004.

Property prices are on the edge of a precipice. Unless something happens and very soon we could see a huge property crash and property being brought by wealthy landlords and a whole generation of young and middle aged people renting from fat cat landlords for decades.

New jobs are not being created. The savage cuts which have to be done will mean the country in recession or near recession for 5 years at least.

I am serious worried. The coalition have done precisely diddly squat from what I can see and are proving a major dissapointment.

After 3 annus horribilus years there is still no light at the end of the tunnel. The signs are not good.

I see Labour 20-30% ahead in the polls a year from now. I just hope The Coalition keep their nerve and remain reasonably united; then in three or four years time things may have improved a bit and we won't face the horrible prospect of Ed The Obnoxious and his crew coming to power.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought they could steady the ship and slowly repair things but I do beleive we will be back in recession by the 4th quarter.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
f***ed up good and proper.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

On a selfish point of view this government have done the square root of f*** all for my profession when I had high hopes. They have abolished the FSA from 2012 but will just staff the new organisation with the same people so no change. They even gave the top gig to serial loser Hector Santos who oversaw the symbolic FSA from 2004.

And you see my thread on house price drops as depressing:thumbsup:

I think the one thing the government has on its side is that we are not the first country to try the austerity route. Both Spain and Ireland are examples of what to do right and wrong.

I think the austerity measures to be announced next week will be severe but not as bad as we are imagining (the media have been used for months to soften us up).

Cut backs will be phased (see the students loans) to take us gently into austerity. The money markets will love it and the UK will keep its credit rating, which is the main aim of all this.

There is evidence that the private sector is taking up some of the slack on jobs.

My own theory is that the Government are happy to have inflation (despite telling everyone they want a return to 2%). It helps to erode the debt, but for me inflation is public enemy no1. It erodes pensions and savings and the value of what we earn.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Isn't it a bit early to tell? They've been in power 5 months and have effected some bold plans to cut the defecit, however I don't think the effects (positive or negative) are going to really hit home for a while yet. I've never been a
Tory supporter, but in retrospect I'm quite glad labour lost the GE.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
One thing is for sure and that's that it will get worse before it gets better..

:albion1:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The difference is you want the property market and the country to go bankrupt. I do not.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
My hunch is growth will retract dramatically and could be in recession by the 4th quarter. We will see.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
The difference is you want the property market and the country to go bankrupt. I do not.

I want the property market to return to normal multiples of wages. Where have I ever said I wanted the country to go bankrupt?

If there's one thing I really, really want its to see the bankers who f***ed us over held responsible, and their lucrative pensions, houses and savings taken away.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As long as they keep interest rates as they are for another 18 months it may not be so bad.

I totally disagree with this. Interest rates being 0.5% for 19 months are causing huge damage. It is a sign of a broken, busted and bankrupt country and sends out a terrible message to the rest of the World. Also it is catasrophic for pensioners and savers. Also I think it is very dangerous for mortgage borrowers to get used to paying virtually nothing on their mortgage and its been so low for so long now people think 0.5% BBR is normal. It is not. With inflation at 3% interest rates should be 5-6% not 0.5%.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
Isn't it a bit early to tell? They've been in power 5 months and have effected some bold plans to cut the defecit, however I don't think the effects (positive or negative) are going to really hit home for a while yet. I've never been a
Tory supporter, but in retrospect I'm quite glad labour lost the GE.

Well, I've always been a Conservative supporter but I'd prefer it to be further to the right, and consequently I vote UKIP in European elections.
It was said before the election that it was a good one to lose, because whoever won would get the blame for the mess Labour'd left behind. There are millions in this country like Dougal, who never appreciated the damage Labour had done. At least if Labour had been reelected, no-one would have been able to deny where the blame lay, in three or four years time. Ofcourse, the downside to that was that the country would almost certainly have been completely beyond rescue by 2015.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Are the Coalition f*cking it up?

Are you suprised?

And enough of this 'coalition' it's the Tories running this country, the Lib Dems have no input on ANY decision making what-so-ever.

The only reason they are there is because they fancied a bit of power, they traded their principals in return. If we ignore them, they might grow a spine.

ROKERITE

Dec 30, 2007
I totally disagree with this. Interest rates being 0.5% for 19 months are causing huge damage. It is a sign of a broken, busted and bankrupt country and sends out a terrible message to the rest of the World. Also it is catasrophic for pensioners and savers. Also I think it is very dangerous for mortgage borrowers to get used to paying virtually nothing on their mortgage and its been so low for so long now people think 0.5% BBR is normal. It is not. With inflation at 3% interest rates should be 5-6% not 0.5%.

As someone living on a tiny income, with a flexible rate mortgage, Thank Goodness for the low interest rate; I'm paying a third of the amount per month that I was paying a couple of years ago. A return to that level would be devastating for me and, I'd imagine, millions of others. I can remember the horrendously high interest rates of the early eighties and how damaging to business they were. However, I do appreciate that it is hard on savers when the interest they're receiving is so small, though the blow is lessened by low inflation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here