Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Crawley now the club of West Sussex?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Crawley's fans will always be the die hards who watched them in their non league days, (hard
core of about 1,000-1,500 max) plus Premiership fans who have got bored or can no longer afford Chelski etc...

Never ever seen a Crawley shirt on my travels around Sussex.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
i'd hazard a guess that worthing fc will always be more popular than crawley in worthing, with the albion always obviously coming 1st...

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
i'd hazard a guess that worthing fc will always be more popular than crawley in worthing, with the albion always obviously coming 1st...

Yep and as with probably most other footie clubs in Sussex, most Worthing fans are also Albion fans too. I think it's also true for Horsham, Eastbourne Borough and Lewes. I think people from Sussex just don't view Crawley as one of our own.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
Yep and as with probably most other footie clubs in Sussex, most Worthing fans are also Albion fans too. I think it's also true for Horsham, Eastbourne Borough and Lewes. I think people from Sussex just don't view Crawley as one of our own.

exactly this, it does seem.....a bit too far north.....and a tad bit too close to croydon, and a bit of a dive!

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham

This is true. Crawley has far more in common with that place up the A23 (you know the one that it's own residents set fire to in the summer) than Sussex towns.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is true. Crawley has far more in common with that place up the A23 (you know the one that it's own residents set fire to in the summer) than Sussex towns.

Yep. A good test would be would you like the Sussex club to do well in the FA Cup and would you go and watch them. I think if Worthing, Lewes, Eastbourne or Horsham did well I'd be trying to get tickets for the game and would cheer them on. Crawley, on the other hand, I've never cared about. How do other people feel about it? Also do the other Sussex clubs play and sing GOSBTS? I know Worthing used to come out onto the pitch to GOSBTS. Dunno about the others.

(It's not a pop at Crawley, by the way. I just don't feel any kinship with them.)

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
i do know a very hot girl from crawley mind, which i guess does give me some kind of kinship, tho i guess that doesn't really need to extend to football tho...

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Yep. A good test would be would you like the Sussex club to do well in the FA Cup and would you go and watch them. I think if Worthing, Lewes, Eastbourne or Horsham did well I'd be trying to get tickets for the game and would cheer them on. Crawley, on the other hand, I've never cared about. How do other people feel about it? Also do the other Sussex clubs play and sing GOSBTS? I know Worthing used to come out onto the pitch to GOSBTS. Dunno about the others.

(It's not a pop at Crawley, by the way. I just don't feel any kinship with them.)

Oh my post definitely WAS a pop at Crawley! Not a surprise though given my location!

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Crawley can f*** right off back to the lower leagues and never come back for all I'm concerned. We're the team of Sussex, all others are imposters.

Feb 14, 2010

What is a sussex town in your eyes? Brighton was a slum town in the 30s, a bedsit town until the 1990s and its hard to get away from the fact that its a drug town today. Newhaven is still a working dock, as is Shoreham. Hastings was a fishing town, but now its more tourist if its anything at all as its in hard times. Worthing / Eastbourne, like Brighton, is still tourist based. Burgess Hill, Haywards Heath are there because of the railway, and Crawley was built after the war for the airport. Then there are historic towns such as lewes and Arundel, as well as the Cinque Ports. Sussex is very diverse, from towns, to country. Crawley? Always an Albion town, with the Crawley Seagulls flag being seen alongside the Newhaven "Gateway to Europe" and Hikers Rest BHA flag at many an away game. In answer to the post, there is also no such thing as east or West Sussex. There is, as all proper Sussex people know, just Sussex.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
If it wasn't for the pictures in the Argus (of which Albion are the back cover), I wouldn't even know what colour Crawley play in! Never seen anyone wearing a replica shirt.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing

Spot on.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here