Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are Crawley now the club of West Sussex?

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
I would imagine in a few years time it will be as you were anyway with Crawley. It won't last and clearly isn't sustainable.

I'm not fussed if they want to have their 15 minutes of fame though it does annoy slightly that they try and poach supporters from our town by rebranding themseves as Man Utd and as the team of Sussex. Can't really blame people for not wanting to support us in the town at the moment though given our state but hopefully if we ever get our ground sorted we can start to push on a bit when Crawley are on their way back down.

Anyway, I would always class Brighton as the team of Sussex but it's always nice when you get one os us non-league teams reaching the 1st round of the FA Cup as I feel that does a lot to lift and represent the county as well. I would always urge any Brighton supporter to go and watch their local non-league club when the Albion aren't playing as I think each club has it's own place and every extra supporter through the gate can make a big difference to a non-league club. Plus most are very friendly and welcoming.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I would imagine in a few years time it will be as you were anyway with Crawley. It won't last and clearly isn't sustainable.

I'm not fussed if they want to have their 15 minutes of fame though it does annoy slightly that they try and poach supporters from our town by rebranding themseves as Man Utd and as the team of Sussex. Can't really blame people for not wanting to support us in the town at the moment though given our state but hopefully if we ever get our ground sorted we can start to push on a bit when Crawley are on their way back down.

Anyway, I would always class Brighton as the team of Sussex but it's always nice when you get one os us non-league teams reaching the 1st round of the FA Cup as I feel that does a lot to lift and represent the county as well. I would always urge any Brighton supporter to go and watch their local non-league club when the Albion aren't playing as I think each club has it's own place and every extra supporter through the gate can make a big difference to a non-league club. Plus most are very friendly and welcoming.
When have they rebranded themselves as Man Utd ?

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Crawley are a London club from the London Borough of Crawley. Nothing to do with Sussex.

How the f*** did you work that out ? Are you forgetting the entire county in between Crawley and London.
And if you're getting at the supposed "London overflow" well that was decades ago, Crawley is now a big town in its own right.
I couldn't give a flying f*** about the football team, but I do get pissed off with the constant sniping about my town on here, ok we don't have the bohemian lifestyle and the seaside like Brighton but we have a bloody sight more going for us than a lot of towns in the south east.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
How the f*** did you work that out ? Are you forgetting the entire county in between Crawley and London.
And if you're getting at the supposed "London overflow" well that was decades ago, Crawley is now a big town in its own right.
I couldn't give a flying f*** about the football team, but I do get pissed off with the constant sniping about my town on here, ok we don't have the bohemian lifestyle and the seaside like Brighton but we have a bloody sight more going for us than a lot of towns in the south east.

If Gatwick is a London Airport the Crawley is a London Borough Bruv.:)

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

well said, id rather live in Crawley than some of the shit holes found else where.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley

what do you base that on?

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I dont get this thread? Why would anyone want to walk round with creepy on their shirt? Geek fashion perhaps? The thrill of being in a minority? Crawley. The antithesis of scenic Sussex as someone famously once said.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Good luck to Crawley Town FC, if we BHAFC had been in their position in 1997, we would probably have accepted it.

Happy to be an Albionite !

Last edited:

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
No fans when they're at their peek perhaps?

as a non league they were quiet well supported, now as a league club that fan base is growing as there success continues. I still dont no how someone can say it wont last without providing a decent reason based upon FACT

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Even spotted a Crawley shirt in Huddersfield today on my lunch break - can't believe what is happening.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Not sure about fading, maybe. Shoreham, Lancing and Worthing are staunchly Brighton. It's only really when you get to the Bognor/Chichester area that you start getting any significant numbers of Pompey amongst the Brighton fans.

Crawley is just the prolapsed anus of Croydon and South London.

Littlehampton is the turning point beyond that it's mostly Pompey but the albion fans in Bognor and Chichester are more visable now we are on the rise.

SPonthewing

Oct 23, 2005
Sarf Coast
Creepy Crawley can purchase a Leeds United 1970s caricature team to rip up the conference make friends and influence people

but WTF

CAN'T BUY ME LOVE

Good luck to you and I can't wait for a proper competitive fixture

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
I dont get this thread? Why would anyone want to walk round with creepy on their shirt? Geek fashion perhaps? The thrill of being in a minority? Crawley. The antithesis of scenic Sussex as someone famously once said.

Agree with you completely there. Look at these two monstrous carbuncles that were in the street in crawley i used to live in

800px-Street_House%2C_Pound_Hill%2C_Crawley_%28IoE_Code_363411%29.jpg

666px-Lychgate_at_St_Nicholas_Church%2C_Worth%2C_Crawley_%28IoE_Code_363410%29.jpg

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
to be fair Pound Hill/Worth were nice areas when I was growing up there in the seventies - not been there since 1987 now so cannot comment on present condition.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
to be fair Pound Hill/Worth were nice areas when I was growing up there in the seventies - not been there since 1987 now so cannot comment on present condition.
Still nice areas, as are Maidenbower, Furnace Green and parts of Ifield.
Broadfield, Bewbush & Langley Green have a bit of a bad name and not exactly beautiful, but you could say the same about Whitehawk & Moulscombe.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here