Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

April Jones, Missing Girl in Wales

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
And who can forget her classic on September 11 2001, announcing to the world that "If you're just joining us, the entire Eastern seaboard of the United States has been decimated by a terrorist attack."

And also, of less global significance, but nonetheless displaying an equal lack of sensitivity, she made Peter Andre cry live on air by suggesting he might lose custody of his children.

Sep 20, 2005
And also, of less global significance, but nonetheless displaying an equal lack of sensitivity, she made Peter Andre cry live on air by suggesting he might lose custody of his children.

Or the time she asked the wife of that Ipswich prostitute killer whether he would have killed them if they (he and the wife) had had a better sex life. Right on, sister!

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

shes not all bad then :lolol:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
The first 24hrs are vital in child abduction.

Very true, and the police should be credited for how quickly they respond to these situations. I remember when my little brother went missing (all fine in the end) the police were round in minutes and cars diverted to the area. Some hours later, distinctly not channelling Kay Burley, a policeman taking some more details tried to sound light and casual while asking who his dentist was and my mum broke down in tears.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Very true, and the police should be credited for how quickly they respond to these situations. I remember when my little brother went missing (all fine in the end) the police were round in minutes and cars diverted to the area. Some hours later, distinctly not channelling Kay Burley, a policeman taking some more details tried to sound light and casual while asking who his dentist was and my mum broke down in tears.

Standard. Young child goes missing, everyone drops what they're doing and goes to search the area.

It's a regular occurrence, particularly in the summer on the beach or in parks, and 99.9999999% of the time they're found within a few minutes. But there's always that small doubt, so better to be safe than sorry.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I haven't seen such a lack of sensitivity in a journalist/presenter since Alan Partridge. What next - "Knowing M.E., Knowing You" with Kay Burley?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I wonder if this low life thinks it's so funny now. Good to see a judge with common sense.

Just a shame he can't be billed for his stay.

A Lancashire man who posted offensive comments on Facebook about missing five-year-old April Jones has been jailed for 12 weeks.

Matthew Woods, 20, made a number of derogatory posts about April and missing Madeline McCann.

He appeared at Chorley Magistrates' Court where he admitted sending a grossly offensive public electronic communication.

Woods, of Eaves Lane, Chorley, was handed the maximum sentence.

Chairman of the bench Bill Hudson said his comments were so serious and "abhorrent" that he deserved the longest sentence they could pass, less a third to give credit for his early guilty plea.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I wonder if this low life thinks it's so funny now. Good to see a judge with common sense.

Debating whether or not the missing girls mum would get it is fine though.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex

Apparently he was taken in custody ' for his own safety '.
I'm certain of one thing. He's in deep do-do when he gets out - that's for sure

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton

Very poor taste... however freedom of speech???

If he wrote what he put on facebook on a note and put it on his front door would he still have been arrested. Is what he said any different to a ton of stuff frankie boyle says.

I feel this is all new territory for the legal system since the social networking (fb/twitter etc) boom.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
All gone very quiet and totally overshadowed now by the Sa vile thing...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
All gone very quiet and totally overshadowed now by the Sa vile thing...

There was a top of the news report yesterday about the police officers all being replaced by a new batch to give them a break.

To be honest, until they find her body it is always going to go quiet, it not as if the country needs to be reminded of her face every day in case they spot her in the high street.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Thought I heard on the radio today there was going to be a TV documentry screened about a boy who went "missing" in Kos over 20 years ago.
Madaline was never found either.
That must be the hardest thing for the parents, a ray of hope and no final closure - presume they can't have a funeral to say RIP / farewell without confirmation of death [a body]?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here