• Rozzers

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Crusties

Votes: 50 78.1%

• Total voters

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
I know I'll probably be beaten down and flamed by many on here, but I am genuinely worried about the police kicking off and instigating violence.

From personal experience, and from the experience of Mrs ELS and friends, some coppers will have no hesitation on unleashing their anger / frustration / excess testosterone / marital problems or whatever else it is on peaceful protestors - and thus causing a reaction.

I spoke to a bloke the other day who was in the anti-fascist march to Welling's BNP HQ in 1993, and (I believed him) he said that the police actually removed their ID numbers before clobbering men and women who were peacefully asserting their right to protest. And that, he said, is one of the reasons bricks started to be thrown.

I hope I'm wrong.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know I'll probably be beaten down and flamed by many on here, but I am genuinely worried about the police kicking off and instigating violence.

From personal experience, and from the experience of Mrs ELS and friends, some coppers will have no hesitation on unleashing their anger / frustration / excess testosterone / marital problems or whatever else it is on peaceful protestors - and thus causing a reaction.

I spoke to a bloke the other day who was in the anti-fascist march to Welling's BNP HQ in 1993, and (I believed him) he said that the police actually removed their ID numbers before clobbering men and women who were peacefully asserting their right to protest. And that, he said, is one of the reasons bricks started to be thrown.

I hope I'm wrong.

It is a genuine reason to be concerned. I went on an anti-capitalist May day demo a few years back (as an observer) and as I stood watching a riot cop leaned over to me and informed me he earned more money than me.

I managed to turn the 'discussion' round and actually won his colleagues over when I enquired about the officer's sty....and informed him this was more than likely a hint he was in a too stressful job.

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
It is a genuine reason to be concerned. I went on an anti-capitalist May day demo a few years back (as an observer) and as I stood watching a riot cop leaned over to me and informed me he earned more money than me.

I managed to turn the 'discussion' round and actually won his colleagues over when I enquired about the officer's sty....and informed him this was more than likely a hint he was in a too stressful job.

Shame it wasn't a massive cold sore :)

Its a riot!

absolutely. Nobody has any quarrel with ordinary workers there. But the people at the top, in cahoots with identikit newlabourtorylibdem politicians lining their own pockets, are wrecking people's futures. Voting literally changes nothing, since all parties have more or less the same policies. I think the cynics on here will be surprised at the 'non crustiness' of the majority of wednesday's protestors.

what about a white riot in a tower in the heart of london and when you lot get out we'll burn it f***ing down to a cinder and all the house wives will be singing groooooovy times are here again!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

with the world watching, doubt it. they'd love to be able to show off that they ran a smooth operation. few on the front line wont worry about that of course and will be raring to go, but its quite simple - dont offer the provocation. the genuine protesters dont and stay away from the trouble makers. the rentamob will cry about brutality, but thats what they are there for isnt, to fight for the cause (which ever that is, seems about half a dozen)

Dandyman

In London village.

I hope I'm wrong.

Some people may remember the Northampton OB removing their ID a few years ago. That a gang of yobs* like the MPS should do so is frankly no suprise.

* quote from Sussex Police.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Reckon the trains will all screw up. No particular reason, just because they can.

That is so TRUE.

"Im sorry to announce that the xx to xxxx has been delayed due to the recent protests at xxxxx"

They can add that to their list of (non) excuses...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
he said that the police actually removed their ID numbers

SHOCK HORROR!

Jesus christ man, have you ever been to a game of football before? If I had a pound for the amount of times I've seen a copper hiding his number I'd be a very rich man.

Fair play to them though, if you turn up looking to have a tear up why moan when you get it even if it is from the old bill. Anyone, innocent or not, who goes on that protest march tomorrow and gets a ding from a copper, or anyone else for that matter, and then moans about it is a twat IMO. Just like people who go to volatile games of football, get a dig then cry on here.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
Give Us A Clue

Give_us_a_clue_old2.jpg

Top photo, I'd quite forgotten about how fit Lisa Goddard was !

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
any city boys had a good kicking yet? I want to see some torn dress-down-day chinos!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Didn't see many chinos. "cargo pants" aka crap combats seems to be de rigeur. Oh, and lots of blokes in what can only be described as christmas present jumpers.

There's a bloke at my place wearing snow wash jeans. And they're fecking pleated. He deserves a kicking for that outrage.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Didn't see many chinos. "cargo pants" aka crap combats seems to be de rigeur. Oh, and lots of blokes in what can only be described as christmas present jumpers.

There's a bloke at my place wearing snow wash jeans. And they're fecking pleated. He deserves a kicking for that outrage.

have they got the elasticated waist though, if so those babies are vintage and would go for a bomb down camden market !! :afro:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Seems like fashion has moved on in the city. I recall the days of brushed cotton checked shirts (open neck of course), cream chinos , thick waste line all held together with a brown leather belt. Sensible shoes of course. Dress down Fridays is the ONLY reason Banana Republic exists.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Pleated, bet they heavily taper at the ankle as well.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
G20 protests:
Rumoured mkts
old bill casualties 48/51
swampy caualties (actual ) 72/74
swampy casualties (alleged) 525/530
detained 405/410
arrests 85/90
held in cells 55/58
coralled in streets 2200/2300
bongo players 111/115
baggy jumpers 5500/6000

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
G20 protests:
Rumoured mkts
old bill casualties 48/51
swampy caualties (actual ) 72/74
swampy casualties (alleged) 525/530
detained 405/410
arrests 85/90
held in cells 55/58
coralled in streets 2200/2300
bongo players 111/115
baggy jumpers 5500/6000

what does this mean in English?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Means you want to get long the bongo jumper straddle.

Bongo Jumper: Is this one of those 'financial instruments' I've been hearing about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here