Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Appointment Delayed

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Your great desire to criticise is obvious but could it not be something as simple as one of the candidates not being able to make the original appointment, or even DK not being able to make the appointment due to any number of genuine reasons?

It happens all the time in recruitment. But of course as it is the Albion, it's a farce...

If it was something as simple as that then why not say that instead of using the unforseen circumstances excuse ??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Reading the full article in the paper, it sounds to me like one of the people they wanted to interview had to postpone his interview due to these "unforeseen circumstances" and that they want to wait until they've interviewed him before making a decision.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Such logic has no place on NSC!

Quite possibly this is true. We know that Dick is a strong negotiator in the loan market (Derby mentioned how we ripped them off for Robbie Savage and how DK always gets a good deal for the club).

I don't think it matters too much, no new manager would have taken charge of the team for tonight's game anyway. Hopefully a manager is appointed by Thursday, giving them a couple of chances to see the few players we have train before Saturday.

Dean White would have a list of players that he would have given to Knight to chase.Hardly a cause to delay an anouncement of a new manager.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Dean White would have a list of players that he would have given to Knight to chase.Hardly a cause to delay an anouncement of a new manager.

Fair enough, it was just a hypothesis - an afternoon spent chasing loan targets could have ment needing to reschedule a meeting with one of the applicants.

It sounds more plausible that the aplicant needed to resedule due to unfreseen circumstances.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Sorry but we need the lift of a manager NOW... not next week. This wait BETTER be worth it and if its Slade I'm not convinced it is. Can't see us winning tonight now.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry but we need the lift of a manager NOW... not next week. This wait BETTER be worth it and if its Slade I'm not convinced it is. Can't see us winning tonight now.

Cheer up for f*** sake Grant.Some of your posts recently have been a depressing read.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Assuming the new manager gives us a 'lift'. And didn't Slade get Yeovil to a League One play-off final. Just because he's not a name does not mean we should write him-off straight away.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Quite right - now is the time for snap decisions and weak negotiating. Thanks for that Einstein!

Are you intentionally stupid or can't you help it ? This is not the time for the Dick Tight 'all about me' ego show but leave the Chief Executive to negotiate and get a manager in as I'm sure that's his job not a potless old twat of a chairman who is long past his sell by date.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Assuming the new manager gives us a 'lift'. And didn't Slade get Yeovil to a League One play-off final. Just because he's not a name does not mean we should write him-off straight away.

I said I'm not convinced but that doesn't mean I'm right. Usually new managers give clubs a lift because it ends the period of uncertainty and players want to show a new manager that they have a right to be in the team so usually its a good thing. Let's face it, the team are not gettign a lift from White and Booke rbecause I don't think they are in the frame.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
QUOTE=algie;2832300]Cheer up for f*** sake Grant.Some of your posts recently have been a depressing read.[/QUOTE]

Ah tis true! :down: Still can't count on you to raise a smile on me. Cheers :thumbsup:[

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Maybe Paul Ince is still in Portugal as his agent mentioned the other day and isn't due back untill later this week,but the deal has been done? Wishfull thinking i know.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Maybe Paul Ince is still in Portugal as his agent mentioned the other day and isn't due back untill later this week,but the deal has been done? Wishfull thinking i know.

BTW, far prefer your new avatar! Wouldn't mind a bit of that.....

Oops!!!::blush:

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester

Agree, dont know too much about him but his record at this level isnt too bad, not tested at championship level but does that really concern us at the moment. Were heading for league 2 far quicker than we are the championship!! If we get a big name in it doesnt mean he'll be a success so whoever it is just get behind them and support the team (except if Dean White gets the job)

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Err I may be wrong but the club have said nothing about a delay. Also a delay implies that there was a definate time/date for announcment which there is not. Another load of irritating waffle formthe Arse Gas.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
BTW, far prefer your new avatar! Wouldn't mind a bit of that.....

Oops!!!::blush:
What annoys me and it's pretty obvious,is why haven't the club brought in a loan midfielder to play alongside Jarrett.You can't expect Fraser to perform week in week out in the middle at 21 years of age.Especially as we have a load of mid week games as well.It's a tough job in the center and it's been our week spot all season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here