Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Apology to Bars Mar

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I was in a thread with Bars Mar last night and lost my ISP at a critical moment.

I mistakenly called him a stroppy little 12 year old and for that I apologise.

Apparently he is in his 30/40s, but all I had to go on was the evidence in his postings.

So to help you understand how I made the mistake here are some of the things that happened.

His mummy hid his ticket for last nights game as he had said a naughty word.
He then hid his mummys glasses to get even.
He called his mummy a 'stupid bint' and later a 'pissy nickered old bag'
He accused someone else of having 'warts on their cock'

I mistakenly took this is behaviour to be that of a 12 year old, so once again I offer my sincere apologies.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
How bloody sad

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Average age of NSC members 34
Average age of threads/posts 11

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
what the f*** is happening to this board.....

Personally, there are a few members who I would like to see removed permanently; the one in question on this thread is one of them. There are a number of others too. This board has become in too many parts, to use its own vernacular, a Binfest.

It is impossible to describe what a board like this should be, it’s about opinion, fun, information sharing etc, but some of the posters are offensive, rude and unfunny, even if they are just wind up merchants, why should we have them on here? Go away you sad little people.

In addition, a number of posters over the past year or so have developed what appears to be a pathological hatred for other members of the board, of some Brighton players, of BHA directors and staff, why have they become so unpleasant, who knows? Again, there are a few of those who would not be missed.

I find myself less inclined to use the board, I know my wife has just about given up due to offensive, rude and unpleasant threads, comments and people, as have many other members.

NSC should be about the Albion, and people who support the Albion, and people who follow the Albion.

It used to have plenty of intelligent members, interesting discussion, plenty of information, some silly and nonsense threads. I made several good friends through it. But now there are too many people posting puerile drivel, offensive comments and general unpleasantness. I wish those people no harm, but I do wish they would get lost.

All in my opinion of course, wouldn’t want anyone taking offense to what I have said.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Personally, there are a few members who I would like to see removed permanently; the one in question on this thread is one of them. There are a number of others too. This board has become in too many parts, to use its own vernacular, a Binfest.

It is impossible to describe what a board like this should be, it’s about opinion, fun, information sharing etc, but some of the posters are offensive, rude and unfunny, even if they are just wind up merchants, why should we have them on here? Go away you sad little people.

In addition, a number of posters over the past year or so have developed what appears to be a pathological hatred for other members of the board, of some Brighton players, of BHA directors and staff, why have they become so unpleasant, who knows? Again, there are a few of those who would not be missed.

I find myself less inclined to use the board, I know my wife has just about given up due to offensive, rude and unpleasant threads, comments and people, as have many other members.

NSC should be about the Albion, and people who support the Albion, and people who follow the Albion.

It used to have plenty of intelligent members, interesting discussion, plenty of information, some silly and nonsense threads. I made several good friends through it. But now there are too many people posting puerile drivel, offensive comments and general unpleasantness. I wish those people no harm, but I do wish they would get lost.

All in my opinion of course, wouldn’t want anyone taking offense to what I have said.

I completely agree. Wrote to the Mods last night about a thread that was meant to be about the match but ended up being pages of pretty abusive comments from the usual suspects.

I know I don't have to read it if I don't like it - but the fact is that it gets into almost every thread and they all end up the same way. So I have no choice but to wade through the bile and attention seeking in order to get some real content.

There was a lot of interesting and challenging chat about football on here yesterday - but there was also a great deal of utter spite.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
There seems to be a groundswell of opinion against this puerile stuff.

I concentrated on the juvenile content of the debate, but it also included postings on the merits of masturbation with bundles of felt tipped pens up your bum. :shrug:

All this on the thread following the game live.:thud::thud:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
There seems to be a groundswell of opinion against this puerile stuff.

I concentrated on the juvenile content of the debate, but it also included postings on the merits of masturbation with bundles of felt tipped pens up your bum. :shrug:

All this on the thread following the game live.:thud::thud:

You're correct UC - it was a disgusting and puerile contribution.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
I often ask myself the question:

"If I had young children, who were starting out on a lifetime of supporting the Albion, at what age would I allow them on NSC"

This may differ between boys and girls, but NSC is the hub of communication between supporters, so most will gravitate here at some point.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!

couldn't agree more fella.

not sure whats happened over the last year but this board seems to be a magnet for some utter thundercunts of the highest order.

i'm sure NSP was built for them to go and wank themselves silly over explict material??

i love a row, discussion, banter and info on here but its near-on impossible to see thro the endless pages of f***ing drivel - surely childish ramblings forum can be better moderated and chuck all this shit into there - or limit some of the twats that post regulary accounts to childish ramblings only.

Shame that some of the better posters have buggered off but can 100% see why!!

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I completely agree. Wrote to the Mods last night about a thread that was meant to be about the match but ended up being pages of pretty abusive comments from the usual suspects.

I know I don't have to read it if I don't like it - but the fact is that it gets into almost every thread and they all end up the same way. So I have no choice but to wade through the bile and attention seeking in order to get some real content.

There was a lot of interesting and challenging chat about football on here yesterday - but there was also a great deal of utter spite.

I do agree aswell...alot of the ridiculous comments and spitefulness does come from newer posters.

That said, I don't know many posters on here who HAVEN'T made spurious comments at one point or another and that includes myself.

It'd be a sad place if everyone agreed with each other on here all the time...but one thing I do think is that this board should be for Brighton fans only and not some of the other clubs supporters that come on here just to wind us up.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I do agree aswell...alot of the ridiculous comments and spitefulness does come from newer posters.

That said, I don't know many posters on here who HAVEN'T made spurious comments at one point or another and that includes myself.

Every one - including me - will have had a rant and made some unreasonable comments at some time. Of course there will be debate and disagreement. But it's the handful of posters who only ever seem to make negative/aggressive/non-football/racist/homophobic/attention seeking/disruptive posts that need to be cleared off the board.

Ignore list is my starting point - if we ignore them, they will lose interest.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford

It'd be a sad place if everyone agreed with each other on here all the time...but one thing I do think is that this board should be for Brighton fans only and not some of the other clubs supporters that come on here just to wind us up.

Part of the attraction of NSC is the banter and wind ups. Even a bit of well humoured insult is OK. Nobody is suggesting a complete sanitisation.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
one way could be a fee for joining say £25 and if you come on here making abusive jestures etc etc they are banned and forfeit their fee.

to reregister they have to pay an further £25.

it will soon stop

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
How does the "Ignore List" work then? Surely some threads will seem odd if certain posters comments are "ignored" i.e. not there, but then there are responses to them form others. Perhaps I'll give it a go right now.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here