Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone watch that Guantanemo thingy on channel 4?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Watched and cannot belive Bush is getting away with that shit!!!

:censored:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Yep - amazingly balanced piece of television, they made sure they got the story from both sides, and they investigated thoroughly why the blokes had gone to a terrorist training camp (twice in some cases).

Oh, sorry, no they didn't. Sensationalist TV, designed to inflame and misrepresent. Did you find out why they were at the training camp? No. Did you get a counter-argument covering the kidnapping and detention of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan? No.

Don't just accept it because it has moving pictures and is in colour - it can still be lies.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
You're right there Hampshire.The Brummies looked perfectly healthy to me so it couldn't be that bad, and they were clearly guilty as sin.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
HampshireSeagulls said:
Yep - amazingly balanced piece of television, they made sure they got the story from both sides, and they investigated thoroughly why the blokes had gone to a terrorist training camp (twice in some cases).

Oh, sorry, no they didn't. Sensationalist TV, designed to inflame and misrepresent. Did you find out why they were at the training camp? No. Did you get a counter-argument covering the kidnapping and detention of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan? No.

Don't just accept it because it has moving pictures and is in colour - it can still be lies.

Didn't you watch it? They were just innocent bystanders and got caught up in it all by accident :rolleyes:

HampshireSeagulls said:
Did you get a counter-argument covering the kidnapping and detention of civilians in Iraq and Afghanistan? No.

Agree with the rest of your statement, but not every film has to cover the full holistic story.

Imagine an average WW2 action film, going back to the Versaille Treaty, just to put a raid into context.

Personally, I got bored with it after 10 minsa nd switched the box off.

LC

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
It was unbelievable - "we all went to afganistan 'on Holiday' and ended up in middle of the war zone 'purely by accident'". " I mean I couldnt believe my bad luck - one minuet I was relaxing by the pool and the next I had an AK47 in my hand and was being fired upon by the Northern Alliance"

I hope that Thomas Cook gave them a full refund.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Maybe this is designed to stir things up and do bin ladens bidding rather than be an impartial documentry.

The question of who's side are you on rings loud.:angry:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
BarrelofFun said:
Designed to stir things up? Like the Danish efforts?

My quesdtion is this. If these people are guilty of something why have they not been brought to trial ? Smacks every bit of a totalitarian state whatever their beliefs or politics.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I guess it is difficult to prove that the Danish intended to offend. Very tricky issue to deal with.

The Guantanamo program was no more than Anti-Bush propoganda. Whether it was factually correct remains to be seen.

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Guantanamo to me represents the two faced US of A....Ignore the fair and just conventions of the treatment of people and their right to a fair trial, and of course a right to be humanely treated... I'd love to see Bush locked up in there - see what he thinks!!

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Edward Scissorhands said:
What did everyone think?

Shocking treatment of the prisoners.
did they cut their heads off with a knife at the end of it?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: Anyone watch that Guantanemo thingy on channel 4?

Eggmundo said:
did they cut their heads off with a knife at the end of it?

Agreed, but that doesn't make it right. I would like to see a documentary run concurrently with all the issues. But then that would make sensible television.

Last edited:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
BarrelofFun said:
I guess it is difficult to prove that the Danish intended to offend.

Amazing that the muslim world is up in arms over a cartoon,marching in streets,condemnation from Arab states etc.But do we hear anything from these rotten countries when the bombings take place? shouldn't all arab/muslim countries be public in their disapproval? (or is it that secretly they fund these outrages?)
Silence when these things take place next door but outrage when a tiny incident in Denmark takes place.Double standards surprise surprise.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I wonder how Al Queda general's would treat American's in a prison camp ???

STOP THE PRESS - NSC ANOTHER EXCUSE TO BASH THE YANKS SHOCK.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Has it occured to any of the lefties on here that some of the people in Guantanamo just might be guilty ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here